Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Total War killer? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331)

Turboflex 06-29-2008 12:12 PM

Total War killer?

Congrats to the devs to pursuing this more epic scale/strategic side of RTS gaming, I'm so sick of endless warcraft/command & conquer tactical RTS clones.

Screenshots and concept look great and if you guys can pull off the technical side it should be a killer game that will hopefully kick the ass of the current franchise that dominates the genre: Total War.

Ive been playing that series since Shogun but I'm so sick of Creative Assembly putting out buggy, halfass games, you'd think after 5 years they'd be able to fix bugs like melee/archer hybrid units not working properly, or how about general's bodyguards suicide charging enemy lines as shock troops?? These guys are so bad and they know their fans will keep buying their games cuz there's no real competition.

Way to go Reverie, I'll definitely be buying this.

Puppeteer 06-29-2008 01:04 PM

Me thinks pointless?

The Witch King of Angmar 06-29-2008 03:57 PM

Ummmm............................................. ........... hi.

Jean=A=Luc 06-29-2008 08:05 PM

What the heck is wrong with you guys? The DoF - Total War comparison might be a bit iffy but he's only expressing his enthusiasm for the game. This sort of thing is hardly uncommon on any game forum. Provided it's at least a decent game of course and I think we can agree that DoF is shaping up to be a lot more than just decent.

Andy Joslin 06-29-2008 08:07 PM

Thank you for the encouragement, Turboflex. We do hope to outdo other RTS titles, the Total War series being one of them.

Puppeteer 06-30-2008 11:02 AM

A thread like like this was shot down in the Off Topic. If he wanted to express it he could do that there...

Joseph Visscher 06-30-2008 02:38 PM

We all have opinions of all or any games we play; everyone has a full right to express their opinions with free speech.
RTS games have several elements to balance to achieve popularity; some of these attributes I think are most importantly the gameplay, how realistic it is, and its level of fantasy and creativity, most important is its flawless gameplay which includes glitches, errors and unfinished or unsupported conditions and situations inside and outside of the game.

Khyron 06-30-2008 08:26 PM

Will DOF be a Total War Killer? I dont think so. DOF is high fantasy, Total War Series chooses a time peroid and make a game based on real history. For me personaly i perfer medieval history/fantasy games. The next game for the Total War Series looks to be based around colonial time peroid. Personaly i perfer my fantasy/high fantasy games to be without gunpowder or a minimal gunpowder.

frankein_fish 07-01-2008 03:20 AM

im gonna buy both anyway, since neither DOF nor Total War has that much in common except being absolutely great games
(Altough DOF might outdo Total war a little bit)

Thiefbrood 07-01-2008 05:18 PM

I thought this game was free o.O