Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Special units? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328)

sharplion 06-25-2008 12:43 PM

Special units?

I know that the elves got the treebeard thing and I know that the orcs have that giant(or what the name is..) but what does the humans have? do they have monsters or special units they can mount on or just command? Are there going to be titans in DoF like in Battle for middle-earth/age of mythology?

curios
SharpLion

Jean=A=Luc 06-25-2008 03:40 PM

Well, all units are special (for each race) and those Elves' and Orcs' units aren't really super units as you seam to view them. The Tree of War is basically a siege engine while the Troll/Ogre/Hill Giant is probably a support units meant to supplement the Orc and Goblin swarms as a heavy hitter.

Joseph Visscher 06-25-2008 05:01 PM

Humans will have more Heroes then the other races, heroes are mostly showcased and used in the campaign.

ash12181987 06-26-2008 08:24 AM

Will there be Any steampunk human 'technology'?

I know it's not a focus, like say for example, Rise of Legends; but, with talk of hero units, I just wonder if there is any kind of tech based character with davinci-esque look and a "Rocket attack" button.

Neotyguy40 06-28-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash12181987 (Post 7500)

I know it's not a focus, like say for example, Rise of Legends; but, with talk of hero units, I just wonder if there is any kind of tech based character with davinci-esque look and a "Rocket attack" button.

He just wants to blow things up...

Khyron 06-29-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash12181987 (Post 7500)

Steampunk like technology, rocket technology, if implemented correct could be nice. However a Hero with a Rocket attack button screams to me as needing some sort of artillery unit on the board and the hero just marks the target.

A Steam Powered Tank would be a very interesting unit impenatrable front armor(only seige and powerful magic can penitrate) moderate side armor and tinfoil rear armor. A steam powered cannon maybe a steam sprayer. A powerful weapon but i do see steam power and gun powder more the dwarf or Gnome territory.

As for numerous Human heros I am hopeing for the ability to Specialize them lets say make a Dragon slayer that can lock down a dragon for a time and do serious amount of damage against it. Or an Orc slayer Big strong sweaping attack mode for the swarms and a power attack for the Orc heros. Finaly a fast hero one able to kep up with those darn elves maybe gives allies a dodge bonus vs arrows and a quicker march speed.

Andy Joslin 06-29-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khyron (Post 7538)
As for numerous Human heros I am hopeing for the ability to Specialize them lets say make a Dragon slayer that can lock down a dragon for a time and do serious amount of damage against it. Or an Orc slayer Big strong sweaping attack mode for the swarms and a power attack for the Orc heros. Finaly a fast hero one able to kep up with those darn elves maybe gives allies a dodge bonus vs arrows and a quicker march speed.

All these things are semi-easily possible with the editor.

Puppeteer 06-29-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Steam Powered Tank
Urgh no, please don't

The Witch King of Angmar 06-29-2008 04:50 PM

Maybe there could be something like that for the dwarves.

GhostITD 06-29-2008 06:54 PM

that would be really awesome if they had those ha ha