Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Curious About Software(!) (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325)

sharplion 06-21-2008 11:03 AM

Curious About Software(!)
 
Hi, im just curious, what software do reverie studios use to make this game? It would be interesting to know :)

I know this question sound strange and I know your thinking yea this dude is going to go and create his own DoF with the software, but that's not true, I don't have the skills to create such, I only want to know for interest :)

cheers
SharpLion

Joseph Visscher 06-21-2008 08:50 PM

I don't normaly spam but...
Rofl.
and that pretty much sums it up.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No lol, we use lots of programs and editors for everything from coding, artistry, modeling, sound effects, list goes on and on, the map editor itself we had to make ourselves, where still adding new features to the editor; you guys are going to be lucky, at the end the map editor is going to be so much more powerful then what it once was...

raving 06-22-2008 02:49 AM

sounds imba :o

alpha30ns 06-24-2008 07:46 PM

i kinda have a question that relates to the software stuff.

what are the specs for the computers you use to build the game? or is that some sort of company secret? lol cause it does give us an idea to what the specs we need to play.

i was just wondering because im buying a new laptop and i wanted to make sure all my specs are good.

Andy Joslin 06-24-2008 08:56 PM

alpha, read the FAQ. This question has been asked many times. ;)

Quote:

Q. What are the system requirements for Dawn of Fantasy?
A. To be announced. Any other information regarding the requirements are deemed unofficial and not endorsed.
The game is constantly changing too much for us to announce anything.

alpha30ns 06-24-2008 09:32 PM

i wasnt really asking about the requirements i was jut wondering what type of computers you use.

Khyron 06-25-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharplion (Post 7419)
Hi, im just curious, what software do reverie studios use to make this game? It would be interesting to know :)

Judging by the reaction to this question i believe a better question may have been. What programs will be more compatible or easier to use with the projected software designed for the modding community, at least for a person with limited modding experience, who is interested in making a mod for Dawn of Fantasy?

I modify the question in part as i am a person with limited programing/modding knowledge and i am interested in seeing what I could do with a game such as Dawn of Fantasy.

sharplion 06-25-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 7423)
I don't normaly spam but...
Rofl.
and that pretty much sums it up.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No lol, we use lots of programs and editors for everything from coding, artistry, modeling, sound effects, list goes on and on, the map editor itself we had to make ourselves, where still adding new features to the editor; you guys are going to be lucky, at the end the map editor is going to be so much more powerful then what it once was...


I look forward to it =D

Joseph Visscher 06-27-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha30ns (Post 7476)
i wasnt really asking about the requirements i was jut wondering what type of computers you use.


I have a AMD 6000+ 3.0ghz duel core proccessor,
geforce 8600GT 256 mb video card,
2 gb DDR2 RAM,
M2A-VM SKT.AM2 AMD690G motherboard,
and a 500W power supply.

This allows me to have 4 dof map editors open at the same time with open maps and run the game and play a game with a bit of lag.

Neotyguy40 06-28-2008 09:21 AM

Well since blender has a .3ds exporter, I guess I can start making some pretty cool stuff...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.