Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Building of identification? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316)

sharplion 06-09-2008 10:38 AM

Building of identification?

It would be cool if there was one city, with a building that could identify it, what I mean is like it would be cool if every city would have its own kind of statue (formed and shaped by the player by moving sectors)

Example: This building could be a statue of a hand, which the player, (after building it) could shape. The player could for example form a fist, or some other sign (not the F-sign please XD) to identify his city, or just give it some character.

I think its important for games to have freedom, so that the player can give "more" of himself and reveal who he really is as an enemy/ally or just a player.

Cheers
SharpLion

The Witch King of Angmar 06-09-2008 01:12 PM

I'm not quite sure what you mean about this.

olauwers 06-09-2008 01:16 PM

Is this like the campfire in Stronghold, only then more beautiful and with no function other than showing your personality? Then I like it :D

sharplion 06-10-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olauwers (Post 7272)
Is this like the campfire in Stronghold, only then more beautiful and with no function other than showing your personality? Then I like it :D

Yes it's like it :)

sharplion 06-10-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 7270)
I'm not quite sure what you mean about this.

Witch King of Angmar, what I mean is like it would be cool of every player get to design his own special statue(es) and be placed within his city-gates or something, something to scare of enemies with whatever the statue try to tell.

Of course its hard programming, but I have thinked of, as soon you finish building the statue, then you can like move and shape it as you like.

It would be cool, and extremely emotionally when it comes to battle situations =D

Khyron 06-10-2008 07:50 PM

I could see a Statue where you select a basic type then purchase upgrades for it. Upgrades could be different head, arms, a mount. These upgrades to a stock statue could be more ealsy controled by the company to prevent any inapproiate material. The statues could possibly give a moral bonus to the owning faction but if the statue is destroyed in a seige the bonus is gone. Bonuses the the statue gives could even be based on the upgrades the statue has. A weapons upgrade could give a range/damage/accuracy bonus to archers. A mount could give a minor speed bonuse, decrease stamina drain from martching. If the statue displays a flage the whole army might get a moral bonus. These upgrades i know would be hard to balance and could decrease in effectiveness the farther one is away from the statue. This could give incentive to the opponets to destroy that bonus, the down side i could see is one could focuse on the defensive parts of the statue and become a powerful turtle.

sharplion 06-16-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khyron (Post 7294)
I could see a Statue where you select a basic type then purchase upgrades for it. Upgrades could be different head, arms, a mount. These upgrades to a stock statue could be more ealsy controled by the company to prevent any inapproiate material. The statues could possibly give a moral bonus to the owning faction but if the statue is destroyed in a seige the bonus is gone. Bonuses the the statue gives could even be based on the upgrades the statue has. A weapons upgrade could give a range/damage/accuracy bonus to archers. A mount could give a minor speed bonuse, decrease stamina drain from martching. If the statue displays a flage the whole army might get a moral bonus. These upgrades i know would be hard to balance and could decrease in effectiveness the farther one is away from the statue. This could give incentive to the opponets to destroy that bonus, the down side i could see is one could focuse on the defensive parts of the statue and become a powerful turtle.

Yes I love the idea, of course the statue could give moral bonus, but also give the city character - and what's most important; freedom to the player.

cheers(!)

Puppeteer 06-29-2008 12:52 PM

I don't see how fighting next to a grey, weathered & eroded statue covered in pidgeon poo would make your morale suddenly rocket

The Witch King of Angmar 06-29-2008 03:56 PM

Maybe they could have some giant colorful banner to give the troops morale instead.

Puppeteer 06-30-2008 11:04 AM

That would be nice, and could incorporate the design logo idea. A bright flag has inspired people through history (eg. The Oriflame [sp])