Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Map Editor (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314)

Puppeteer 06-06-2008 03:10 PM

Map Editor

Reverie, can you please release some information and screenshots abot the map editor please? I am very interested to learn about the capabilities, the GUI, the scripting... just would be interested just to look at possibly the soon-to-be favorite feature for me. It seems there hasn't been many pictures of it.

crex719 06-06-2008 04:05 PM

were gonna be playing the beta soon, and I believe the beta has a map editor...

olauwers 06-07-2008 02:34 AM

I am also very interested in this function.

Feweh 06-08-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crex719 (Post 7235)
were gonna be playing the beta soon, and I believe the beta has a map editor...

highlyyyy doubt it,

Grizzlez 06-09-2008 04:21 PM

I guess its the same as the other mod tools. I think if they are able to make them 'user friendly' with some brief documentation then its possible,but I would have thought there would be little point in releasing tools no-one will understand-at least at first. If more people can understand them, even some beta testing on the tools can be effective as they are released with the game to iron out on problems or difficulties people are having.

sharplion 06-10-2008 12:29 PM

But I dont get it... As soon you have built your map, where will it be loaded? Will it get among your city in the online world? I dont get it... Are we not playing on a persistent online world :S

raving 06-10-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharplion (Post 7289)
But I dont get it... As soon you have built your map, where will it be loaded? Will it get among your city in the online world? I dont get it... Are we not playing on a persistent online world :S

there are 2 types of online games. one is free skirmish up to 8 players on wich youre selfmade map can be used

and the second is the persistent online world but i do not know if you can use self made maps on that one

Ryan Zelazny 06-11-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raving (Post 7290)
there are 2 types of online games. one is free skirmish up to 8 players on wich youre selfmade map can be used

and the second is the persistent online world but i do not know if you can use self made maps on that one

You wont be able to use custom maps in MMO mode.

Joseph Visscher 06-11-2008 04:36 PM

I'll try to get you guys some pics and info on the editor sooner or later. may have to wait a week or more though, we got some major graphic upgrades going on right now.:rolleyes:

The Witch King of Angmar 06-11-2008 04:56 PM

Good to hear. I'm looking forward to seeing the updates.