Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Playing units (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312)

raving 06-04-2008 10:55 AM

Playing units

You command youre army and send them to attack an hostile army comming inbound, you quickly give some orders to youre troops and then you chose to take control of 1 units wich will bring you in first person vieuw of that unit and you control all the movements/attacks of this unit. Making it stronger then its AI counterparts since you can move him to a weak spot and start slashing around. When youre unit dies or you chose to go back to youre overal command vieuw you get a 5 sec delay ( giving it a small downsize ). You will be not really aware of what happens around youre unit but you will inflict more damage where he is.
Let's not make it possible to control your uber units. Will make it too easy. ^^

just an idea i have had in my head for some time now.

fyro11 06-04-2008 06:30 PM

Hmm, it may be too much of a stretch on RTS gaming. I know micro-management, but this is pushing it a little too far, no? :)

Bastiaan 06-08-2008 12:49 AM

i also think that would be very hard to do and they can better complete all of the things they want in it.

Khyron 06-08-2008 10:50 PM

This might be possible in either a mod or a later expansion. I read on these forums that the game designers were thinking of puting a customizable hero that would level up. Sadly I dont renember which thread it was in.

frankein_fish 06-09-2008 07:17 AM

Im thinking Dungeon keeper :p
"Evil is good"

LordSlayer 06-13-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khyron (Post 7256)
This might be possible in either a mod or a later expansion. I read on these forums that the game designers were thinking of puting a customizable hero that would level up. Sadly I dont renember which thread it was in.

Yea it's the Legend game mode. Dev said they are probably going to make it, but it will be available as an expansion or patch released after the game. They also said that the hero you control is customizable and will be usable in real games as your hero unit. It will not be too overpowered so you don't need to make one if you don't want to.

Winterwolf00 12-16-2010 02:44 AM

I would really like to do this, but it I don't think its going to happen. If you like killing enemies with your own sword try Mount and Blade, its a fun game.

Aothane 12-16-2010 02:52 AM

I'm sure rts games will eventually (fully) incorporate the concept you outlined Raving; Dawn of War 1 & 2, Mark of Chaos and of course Dawn of Fantasy have elements of individual hero control.

Winterwolf00 12-16-2010 04:46 AM

One can only hope Aothane.

Dijia37 12-24-2010 11:29 PM

I don't think it would be to hard for them to add a first/third person view in some way I know Spellforce has this feature in it and I loved it so it would be cool.