Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   collectors edition (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305)

Arctopus 05-28-2008 09:36 AM

collectors edition

this might be more a question than a suggestion..

will there be a collectors edition?
already idea's of what will be inside?

Ryan Zelazny 05-30-2008 03:16 PM

No idea on collectors edition yet. Both if we are going to have it, or if we are going to have it what will be inside.

Feweh 06-01-2008 08:57 PM

I never buy the collectors edition for anygame.

I always find its a wormish way of gaming companies to suck extra money off of players.

iceblast 06-02-2008 10:46 AM

what ca be inside :P

promotional posters

a huge map of the dof world :P

extra maps

something else :P

olauwers 06-02-2008 10:52 AM

Or you could put all those nifty features in the normal box and not make a collector's edition.

The term collector's edition is chosen wrong anyway. There isn't much to collect from this one game, now is there? Either you got the game, or not. Complete collection, or nothing :D

Grizzlez 06-02-2008 11:28 AM

I also think its a cheap way to earn a bit of extra money, BFME2 did it and added a couple extra skins and things to the game which they coud have put in the first. Especially as the ingame things need to be compatible with the original version-so a player can get hold of the extra features and put them in their version wihout buying the CE.

I'd hope this game just includes all the features in one version, I just get a negative vibe off the companies who do this to people.

iceblast 06-02-2008 02:05 PM

It would be awesome if they gave us a large A3 paper size of the map for the original game.

Ryan Zelazny 06-03-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlez (Post 7124)
I also think its a cheap way to earn a bit of extra money, BFME2 did it and added a couple extra skins and things to the game which they coud have put in the first. Especially as the ingame things need to be compatible with the original version-so a player can get hold of the extra features and put them in their version wihout buying the CE.

I'd hope this game just includes all the features in one version, I just get a negative vibe off the companies who do this to people.

I'm also not a fan of those, "you get this in game for buying the more expensive edition". Thats not really fair, especially if they aren't released at the same time. I know with Guild Wars, I was ticked at the fact people who bought the Game of the Year edition got special emotes and other things that you couldn't get if you didn't. So because I bought the game before it got popular, I got penalized, which is not right to do to your fan base. Also doing this with pre-order boxes is something I'm not a fan of, but I see the point in it. Some people just go to the store the day of release and pick it up -I'm one of them- and just because I buy the game the day it comes out, or a week after doesn't make it less of a fan, so I shouldn't suffer for it.

In adding "extras" to games, it usually motivates you to want them, you see people using the "new units" or using the "new spells" and you want them. Making it so you are unable to get them OR you can have go buy the same game you have but pay an extra $20 get it isn't right in my mind. We would have to make it an expansion, or a simple add-on that would cost you $x. But something that everybody got the oppertunity to get.

However, some collectors editions are nice, and some people like them. When they get the t-shirt in it, or they get a piece of wall art, it's something that is an extra value to those who like that kind of thing. So I think if we were to release a collectors edition, this would be the kind we would do.

crex719 06-03-2008 12:26 PM

I would like a wall art of that Drake picture that is always floating around here!

Ryan Zelazny 06-04-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crex719 (Post 7165)
I would like a wall art of that Drake picture that is always floating around here!

That would probably be a tough thing to get. Unfortunately the artist who drew that picture now works for Epic Games (guys who made Gears of War), and the only copies we have are the web optimized ones which wouldn't be high enough quality for a wall print.