Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computer Specs (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2827)

Lethal 04-24-2011 10:25 PM

Computer Specs

So, I would like to start a thread what kind of Specs people have. Preferably people who are already playing this game, although I am not yet.

Also answer on the poll above:
Nvidia or ATI?

My cheap but efficient rigg::

Graphics :: Geforce GT 240 (1GB)
CPU :: AMD athlon II X2 260 (3.2GHz, overclocked to 3.6)
RAM:: 2GB DDR3
In Beta: No

So what do you have?:p

Hallinx 04-25-2011 12:11 AM

Although I am not playing yet - my specs are as follows.

CPU: AMD Phenom II 955 BE Deneb 3.2GHz
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon 6950
MOBO: Asus M4A79T Deluxe
RAM: OCZ Platinum 4GB
PSU: Antec 1000 watt
CASE: NZXT Phantom (white)

RedFernE 04-25-2011 09:06 AM

My specs:

CPU: Intel i7-2600
Graphics: ATI Radeon 6870
MOBO: Gigabyte P67a-UD4 (gotta change it to a B3 version so it doesnt get the sandy bridge problem. :) )
RAM: Kingston 8gb
PSU: Kamariki 4 650watt
CASE: Vision Unicorn

I prefer nvidia, so within some weeks i make an upgrade to 570.

Not in beta either.

Henry Martin 04-25-2011 10:08 AM

I'm in the beta :p So heres my specs:

CPU: Intel i7 920 3ghz (overclocked)(cooler master 212 plus heatsink)
Graphics: ATI hd 5750 x2 crossfire
RAM: Ocz 6gb (I dont remember if its gold or platinum lol)
CASE:Cooler Master CM 690
PSU:Corsair 850watt
MOBO:Gigabyte x58a-ud3r

My performance in game is great. The performance will improve as the code is optimized.

Yeah I like Nvidia too, so like RedFern I'm going to upgrade to a 500 series probably soon. As my current cards crash more than I like.

ki adi mundi 04-25-2011 10:35 AM

i cant remember my specs all i know is i can run shogun 2 total war on max settings really well starcraft 2 whatever it all runs well my graphics card is a hd radeon 5770 thats al i know hope dof runs on my comp

RedFernE 04-25-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Martin (Post 50131)

Graphics: ATI hd 5750 x2 crossfire

Yeah I like Nvidia too, so like RedFern I'm going to upgrade to a 500 series probably soon. As my current cards crash more than I like.

Have you tried and remove the dust/dirt from them? :) could help since its in crossfire its proberly just a heat problem. :)

Henry Martin 04-25-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedFernE (Post 50165)
Have you tried and remove the dust/dirt from them? :) could help since its in crossfire its proberly just a heat problem. :)

Yes I've tried several things. Using one card, re-installing the drivers, different drivers, etc Lately I've got it to where it crashes once a day to every few days (I wiped everthing related to ati/amd, installed the drivers with both cards in and the newest drivers, which I have done before, but it never work:confused: ). But before it was crashing several times day. It was doing this with just one card in too. It help for awhile when I put really old drivers on my system, but I noticed a lose of performance (pretty big in some games).

Every time I tried to find the problem on the internet, I kept finding people with the same problem, but to real solution. Then I eventually found several threads saying that the 5000 series of graphics cards are just pron to crashing (especially the 5750s and 5770s).

RedFernE 04-25-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Martin (Post 50166)
Yes I've tried several things. Using one card, re-installing the drivers, different drivers, etc Lately I've got it to where it crashes once a day to every few days (I wiped everthing related to ati/amd, installed the drivers with both cards in and the newest drivers, which I have done before, but it never work:confused: ). But before it was crashing several times day. It was doing this with just one card in too. It help for awhile when I put really old drivers on my system, but I noticed a lose of performance (pretty big in some games).

Every time I tried to find the problem on the internet, I kept finding people with the same problem, but to real solution. Then I eventually found several threads saying that the 5000 series of graphics cards are just pron to crashing (especially the 5750s and 5770s).

Havent really had that much of a problem with those to cards at work, not more then any other card. Ofcource some of them are defect, but both, that is really rare i think. :)

Is it bluescreen or just freeze?

If its bluescreen, what code is it? :)

Freeze could sometimes be solved with taking out your Memory blocks, blow on them and in the slot on the motherboard, and put them back in.

It could also be a good idea to run something called Seatools to test your harddisk, and Memtest to test your Memory for any defects.

Henry Martin 04-25-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedFernE (Post 50168)
Havent really had that much of a problem with those to cards at work, not more then any other card. Ofcource some of them are defect, but both, that is really rare i think. :)

Is it bluescreen or just freeze?

If its bluescreen, what code is it? :)

Freeze could sometimes be solved with taking out your Memory blocks, blow on them and in the slot on the motherboard, and put them back in.

It could also be a good idea to run something called Seatools to test your harddisk, and Memtest to test your Memory for any defects.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them. It just freezes and I have to manually shutdown.

Vish_Virtus 04-25-2011 05:59 PM

I am ****ed at Nvidia for make cards that can barely beat 9800s I am hoping they have jumped ahead but that was a a pure money grab.