Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Guild Capitals? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280)

Diggz 05-02-2008 03:09 PM

Guild Capitals?
 
So i was thinking a bit, after I read a few posts about clans, and It made me wonder... Would guilds be like medieval lords, who would essentially rent out their land? e.g. The king owns ____ amount of land, he gives x amount to each baron who gives y amount to each lesser lord and it continues as such.

So, would the guild master's capital be like the large capital of the area and each of the officers in their land around the capital and each member surrounding them? Like a large concentric circle, lesser peoples on the outside, important people near the center.

The Witch King of Angmar 05-02-2008 05:55 PM

That would be cool. I don't know if it would happen though. Maybe they could have a central castle of some sort though.

frankein_fish 05-03-2008 01:22 PM

I agree it would be an awasome feature altough probably not implented ;/

Neotyguy40 05-04-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankein_fish (Post 6196)
I agree it would be an awasome feature altough probably not implented ;/

And why not?

Jean=A=Luc 05-04-2008 02:40 PM

Because they're late into development and there's no room for major revisions.

Neotyguy40 05-05-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 6208)
Because they're late into development and there's no room for major revisions.

It's not too big, I am a game designer, and to me it looks pretty simple.

Jean=A=Luc 05-05-2008 07:00 PM

It requires modeling of a new Guild Master's castle plus the players' regions probably aren't arranged that way (so close to each other) so whenever a guild is formed members would have to "move" into this cluster of strongholds around the "leader", it probably changes the core mmo gameplay Reverie had in mind.

Neotyguy40 05-05-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 6237)
It requires modeling of a new Guild Master's castle plus the players' regions probably aren't arranged that way (so close to each other) so whenever a guild is formed members would have to "move" into this cluster of strongholds around the "leader", it probably changes the core mmo gameplay Reverie had in mind.

Ohh, I thought you meant that it was technically impossible.

Jean=A=Luc 05-05-2008 07:08 PM

No, no, by 'no room' I meant 'no time'. Once the cake is in the oven it's too late to change the ingredients...or sumthin' like that. :)

Neotyguy40 05-05-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 6240)
No, no, by 'no room' I meant 'no time'. Once the cake is in the oven it's too late to change the ingredients...or sumthin' like that. :)

What about the frosting? (update)

Who know, they may make an expansion with a bunch of small updates in them.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.