Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Online... (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277)

Diggz 04-27-2008 09:50 PM

Online...

The MMORTS better not continually redirect and/or make some features only accessible from a browser.

Personally, I think games that require you to log onto their website to recruit an army (dreamlords, i was in the beta) or other stuff like that is a sign of either a poor company, or shoddy workmanship.

Neotyguy40 04-28-2008 12:05 AM

Like joining a clan?

The Witch King of Angmar 04-28-2008 07:30 AM

I don't quite understand what you mean.

Jean=A=Luc 04-28-2008 09:35 AM

It seams to me he's talking about those "no graphics" browser games but I'm not sure how that would relate to DoF.

Neotyguy40 04-28-2008 12:59 PM

He's talking about those games that you log on into your browser every few hours to run your city and put out orders. They are a bit boring but Travian gives you a bit of a challenge at least...

The Witch King of Angmar 04-28-2008 01:23 PM

I personally like those games like Holy War, that's a good game.

Ryan Zelazny 04-28-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diggz (Post 6117)
The MMORTS better not continually redirect and/or make some features only accessible from a browser.

Personally, I think games that require you to log onto their website to recruit an army (dreamlords, i was in the beta) or other stuff like that is a sign of either a poor company, or shoddy workmanship.

Though the online portion is still being developed, we are planning on having some features browser based. Not saying that you have to alt-tab and go into IE or Firefox (or whatever you may use) but it will displayed in an in-game browser and made available on the Reverie Online website as well.

These wont be concerned with "running your kingdom" though, it will be mostly managing your account (display picture, username, password, ect.) and also things like joining clans / clan management.

Diggz 04-28-2008 05:42 PM

Well, that's good, Those you can't really do in-game without a bit of lag of people continually updating and uploading... but what i was hitting at was in the game Dreamlords, you have to go onto a browser, log on to your account, and then begin to access the game's features, then go back into the game to play the battles, then go back to the browser and recruit more soldiers and crap.

That's what im talking about.

(Dreamlords isn't out yet but i was in the beta)

Joseph Visscher 04-29-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diggz (Post 6133)
Well, that's good, Those you can't really do in-game without a bit of lag of people continually updating and uploading... but what i was hitting at was in the game Dreamlords, you have to go onto a browser, log on to your account, and then begin to access the game's features, then go back into the game to play the battles, then go back to the browser and recruit more soldiers and crap.

That's what im talking about.

(Dreamlords isn't out yet but i was in the beta)

dof you have to make your army in game, cutting down forests, mining gold and stone, harvesting food through livestock, farming hay, or hunting; then training troops with resources you've collected with several types of military buildings that by the way you built.
It will not be a "browser" out of the game to recruit solders, that just sounds stupid to me. ;)

Axal01 05-07-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 6136)
dof you have to make your army in game, cutting down forests, mining gold and stone, harvesting food through livestock, farming hay, or hunting; then training troops with resources you've collected with several types of military buildings that by the way you built.
It will not be a "browser" out of the game to recruit solders, that just sounds stupid to me. ;)

So its one of those games where you buy from a retail store?

or is it

Buy from our site or another site

Right now i currently play "Ikarium" its a web-browser based game, good game but i dont like web-browser based games,theres no real action or anything. To me the game sounds like it would be in the lines of "Stronghold", buy the game, put the disc in, load game up,login, and play right? because i like it that way "Buy the game,put the disc in,login through game" is much better

but its good to know that Dawn of Fantasy won't be a web-based browser game