Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Terrain involvement in wall placement. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275)

Diggz 04-27-2008 04:41 PM

Terrain involvement in wall placement.
 
Since walls are preset, what if you are, say, men of the alpine, and are in an easily defensible position. Will the preset walls wall off choke points and expand your walls to the edge of the cliff, so you theoretically control the plateau and the few choke points leading up to it?

In the screenshot for the men of the alpines castle, the walls were built up to the edges of the cliffs, and the gate the only way onto the plateau with a bridge crossing a gap from the area just beyond the castle into the rest of the area. In the event of a siege, can you collapse the bridge, thereby restricting access to your plateau?

Neotyguy40 04-27-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diggz (Post 6096)
Since walls are preset, what if you are, say, men of the alpine, and are in an easily defensible position. Will the preset walls wall off choke points and expand your walls to the edge of the cliff, so you theoretically control the plateau and the few choke points leading up to it?

In the screenshot for the men of the alpines castle, the walls were built up to the edges of the cliffs, and the gate the only way onto the plateau with a bridge crossing a gap from the area just beyond the castle into the rest of the area. In the event of a siege, can you collapse the bridge, thereby restricting access to your plateau?

Well, you need to remember that siege weapons will be available, as in, rams can take down walls and stuff.

You can't effect the terrain (as in, make craters or something) so you can't really destroy land bridges, although I am not sure about normal bridges.

The Witch King of Angmar 04-27-2008 06:42 PM

Again, it depends where the castle is built at. I'm not sure if you can expand walls, however.

Neotyguy40 04-27-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 6102)
Again, it depends where the castle is built at. I'm not sure if you can expand walls, however.

You can make more walls though, which is what I plan to do, I will have:

Center ring:
-Palace

Second ring:
-Market
-Barracks

Third ring:
-Work areas and peasant houses

Outer ring
-Gaurd towers
-Barricades
-Trebuchets, catapults, other siege weapons
-Fortified defenses

I have plans for almost every obstacle reverie puts up in creating a city.

The Witch King of Angmar 04-27-2008 07:25 PM

Lol I envy you. By looking at the screens of cities, that looks like how it may shape up to be. I'd like to be able to pick where to build though.

Diggz 04-27-2008 09:46 PM

Well, judging from the MMORTS displays or whatever they are called, there are 3 places you can build upon, and you get a randomly generated terrain for each one

Joseph Visscher 04-29-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diggz (Post 6116)
and you get a randomly generated terrain for each one

Its not randomly generated.

†TYRANICK†™ 04-30-2008 03:17 AM

I still dont like the idea of having no manual control over any of your walls, heres what i was thinking.

Why dont you just limit the amount of space, and area in which there buildable? I mean wall segments arent all that bad if they have "drag and stretch", I.E. you place one wall, and drag your mouse out and loads appear and you can bend and twist and turn them wherever you want.

I still think its incredibly restrcting.

Ok another question, what if you want to build and entirely new base in another part of the map? Are we only allowed 1 base?

I say give us a toggle for offline...at least.

Otherwise i guess i'll have to attempt to mod it my self :P

Diggz 04-30-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 6138)
Its not randomly generated.

sorry, i thought it was after reading the post about them.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.