Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   nomads and wildmen (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272)

jarroll 04-27-2008 01:15 PM

nomads and wildmen

Another suggestion..

Big one first - how about a race which does not build cities but has a nomadic type lifestyle, therefor they would have wagons instead of houses, and would probably rely on warfare/looting for much of their gear - this might need a really big map to pull it off well.

Similarily would some unexplored areas be inhabited by 'wildmen' who might join/need to be defeated before that area can be exploited/settled?

Puppeteer 04-27-2008 02:10 PM

I don't like the idea of the nomads... it would severly cripple the aspect of "siege", and would be hard to defend it. Balancing would be hard, and the prospect of not having a base that builds up in mmo but just getting more wagons won't appeal to many.

The Witch King of Angmar 04-27-2008 02:23 PM

If anything, it should be for the economy for nomads. You could allie yourself with them and trade.

Tynesider 04-27-2008 04:21 PM

I'm not sure If the orcs build strongholds or just make conquest lands fit for nought but orcs but In all other respects would they not fill the role of nomads.

Neotyguy40 04-27-2008 06:59 PM

It would be very easy to attack them, why? Here:

Weak buildings since they travel alot.
Low defenses.
Low siege weapons.

I don't think think that a nomad is good for a game with war in it.

The Witch King of Angmar 04-27-2008 07:21 PM

Maybe as a light defense or a kind of human warning beacon. :p

Neotyguy40 04-27-2008 08:19 PM

Yea, like a decoy... the nomads die while you find out what position our enemy is at...

Puppeteer 04-28-2008 12:52 PM

Lol Amazonia Women faction... that would be funny

Joseph Visscher 04-29-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarroll (Post 6074)
Another suggestion..

Big one first - how about a race which does not build cities but has a nomadic type lifestyle, therefor they would have wagons instead of houses, and would probably rely on warfare/looting for much of their gear - this might need a really big map to pull it off well.

Similarily would some unexplored areas be inhabited by 'wildmen' who might join/need to be defeated before that area can be exploited/settled?

The closest side to what I can see in relative to what you are suggesting are the orcs; they are more in the raiding and pillaging fraction.

(Not totaly sure, things may change.)
There are creeps, AI camps and bandits, rouge orc hordes, an alone Ogre guarding junk it’s collected, or it may guard a few gold mines even. There will be many things to fight and kill all over the map.
We will also have probibly some quests for you to do that can be very fun while you build your massive empire.