Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   single player - random battles? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271)

jarroll 04-27-2008 01:09 PM

single player - random battles?

In addition to the single player campaign - will there be the option for random battles (on varying size maps)? I was hoping for randomly generated maps and maybe different objectives eg fight to the death against X computer players, build a certain size city first, control a certain point..

Also I really like the idea of having an all computer controlled game - which can be watched as it unfolds.. a bit like a super-screensaver.

Please feel free to use any ideas I suggest if you wish.

The Witch King of Angmar 04-27-2008 02:24 PM

Well, somethings will tend to themselves like resources and castle management. Other from that I'm not sure.

Jean=A=Luc 04-27-2008 06:39 PM

There will be skirmish if that's what you mean although I don't expect to see a random map generator.

Puppeteer 04-28-2008 12:51 PM

That would be too hard, lots of maps being made to a high quality... it's mainly on old games where there were seeded maps (I think so anyway)

Konstantin Fomenko 05-01-2008 10:24 PM

There will be no random generated maps, all the maps in DoF are hand crafted, included all of MMORTS stuff. That makes them look much better.

But as far as single-player goes, there is an epic campaign (with 50,000 words of narrative lol:) and I believe 3 single-player skirmish modes:

-Build and Defend: building and defending huge city from scratch, against AI laying sieges to your city.
-Siege: select on of many AI controls castles, towns, strongholds, capital cities e.t.c and lay siege to them.
-Skirmish: standard skirmish, you and AI build towns and attack each other.

Darvin 05-02-2008 01:48 AM

Think you might add a "field battle" mode like in Total War games where neither player gets a base, and must do with only a select number of starting units? I think that your selection of game modes is great, and the map editor will open countless possibilities, but I think as a default option that one probably should be included.

Joseph Visscher 05-04-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 6182)
Think you might add a "field battle" mode like in Total War games where neither player gets a base, and must do with only a select number of starting units? I think that your selection of game modes is great, and the map editor will open countless possibilities, but I think as a default option that one probably should be included.

We already do have a map like that, not sure if it will make it into the skrimish mode, but if it doesn't, i'll release it in a mod/set of maps right after the game releases.

But I must say, mission two is gona be like that, massive ground battle, shouldn't tell to much more. :P

Neotyguy40 05-04-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 6202)
We already do have a map like that, not sure if it will make it into the skrimish mode, but if it doesn't, i'll release it in a mod/set of maps right after the game releases.

But I must say, mission two is gona be like that, massive ground battle, shouldn't tell to much more. :P

Man I can't wait for this game... They should release the alpha testing. I can't wait for beta! :eek:

frankein_fish 05-05-2008 03:35 AM

Me want alpha!!! :p
Well seriusly it wouldnt be that bad :rolleyes:

Joseph Visscher 05-05-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankein_fish (Post 6213)
Me want alpha!!! :p
Well seriusly it wouldnt be that bad :rolleyes:

So... What your saying is you want a halfassed rushed out game like so many other games? ;)