Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Resources? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27)

jap88 06-15-2007 02:11 PM

Resources?

Just was passing by and i wondered how the resource system was going to work, what the resources would be, etc. I remember asking a similar question at the old forums but the person who answered talked a lot but said nothing :p Personally, i'm not the biggest fan of sending one unit out, they chop at a tree for 10 seconds, they walk back to whatever your resource building may be and then you get 20 wood.

Ryan Zelazny 06-15-2007 03:45 PM

Welcome back, jap88.

At the moment we have 4 resources; Food, Gold, Stone, and Wood. However we have various ways of gaining these resources as said on the Dawn of Fantasy website:

" Dawn of Fantasy features an entirely new approach to an economic system.

For defense oriented players who enjoy micro-managing, their entire economy can be redesigned in just a few clicks. This economic system features standards in the Real Time Strategy (RTS) genre such as farming, woodcutting, mining, etc., but also adds to the list with such amazing realistic features as crop rotation, mine building, animal herding and more. In the end, players who wish to control every aspect of their towns are able to with an innovative, easy to use system.

Players who wish to focus more on the battlefield, however, have options available as well and can take advantage of the automated economy. A complex economy is created without the need for many player choices, allowing the player to focus more on the battle at hand."

As well as Corpse Looting, which we have more information as said here:

"Dawn of Fantasy implements a unique "looting system" allowing players to recover the cost of dead units. This feature was created to reward victory as well supporting the losing player.

After units have been killed, they will be open to looting by any player. This loot is converted back into the the specific components that were used to make the unit. While the total cost of a unit will never be regained, looting offers losing players the chance to regroup and quickly rebuild their army while letting victorious players quickly eliminate their opponents."

Darvin 06-15-2007 05:09 PM

Can you elaborate on how resource collection will operate? Also to what extent will resources be renewable and non-renewable?

Alexander Flegler 06-16-2007 03:00 AM

Resource gathering itself works like in the Age of Empires series. You train a group of peasants and right click on the forest for instance, to make them gather wood.

Every race has the access to unique renewable resources.

Humans for instance can breed herd animals and gather food on farms. Orcs can breed wild animals, but they have least access to renewable resources. Elves on the other hand have all resources renewable.

I'm sure you'll hear more of the Elves in the future.

The Witch King of Angmar 06-17-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Flegler (Post 243)
Resource gathering itself works like in the Age of Empires series. You train a group of peasants and right click on the forest for instance, to make them gather wood.

Every race has the access to unique renewable resources.

Humans for instance can breed herd animals and gather food on farms. Orcs can breed wild animals, but they have least access to renewable resources. Elves on the other hand have all resources renewable.

I'm sure you'll hear more of the Elves in the future.

Yeah I like the AOE style of resource collecting but at certain times since I'm not used to that type of gameplay I felt it was a little complicated but still very realistic.

SPARROW94 06-18-2007 07:01 AM

How About The Dragons You Guys Never Gave Any Thing Out On Them

The Witch King of Angmar 06-18-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARROW94 (Post 246)
How About The Dragons You Guys Never Gave Any Thing Out On Them

Uhhhhhhhhhh they have dragons? Lol actually I would like to know what other units they have bsides dragons.

Alexander Flegler 06-18-2007 10:48 AM

Drakes :cool:

Solomai 06-19-2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Flegler (Post 248)
Drakes :cool:

and Fire-Lizards as well??? what about half man/half dragon hybrids? (just don't feed em on beans :p)

The Witch King of Angmar 06-19-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solomai (Post 250)
and Fire-Lizards as well??? what about half man/half dragon hybrids? (just don't feed em on beans :p)

I thought they had ogres or something as well.