Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Navies (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268)

Diggz 04-25-2008 09:52 PM

Navies

Ive seen some screenshots of navy battles, and I was wondering how they are.

In Ancient Wars: Sparta you could ram, in AOEIII you could blow holes in ships with cannonry.. I hope these battles will match up, for they look like they will :)

LordSlayer 04-26-2008 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diggz (Post 5925)

In Ancient Wars: Sparta you could ram, in AOEIII you could blow holes in ships with cannonry.. I hope these battles will match up, for they look like they will :)

Navy combats are going to be really diffrent in DoF, because you'll be able to put almost any units on your ships to fight against other ships or to board them. You'll also probably be able to capture ennemy ships after you kill their crew.

The Witch King of Angmar 04-26-2008 08:19 AM

Plus you can also do a naval siege to a castle which brings me to another question, do you think you could have harbors/docks in your castle? Say there was a river running throught your that's big enough, you could put a sort of moat/entrance for the ships to enter and leave the castle. That'd be great for hostages.

Puppeteer 04-26-2008 09:25 AM

Yes that would be cool, but I could see that having to become a heavily defended area of the castle.

The Witch King of Angmar 04-26-2008 09:52 AM

That would a new aspect to it.

Puppeteer 04-26-2008 10:30 AM

On one image I see a river going through it, but it's blocked off and no ships can get down there.

Jean=A=Luc 04-26-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diggz (Post 5925)

Sea battle are going to be very similar to Rise & Fall and the AW:S you mentioned but without ramming unfortunately.

Diggz 04-26-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 5976)
Plus you can also do a naval siege to a castle which brings me to another question, do you think you could have harbors/docks in your castle? Say there was a river running throught your that's big enough, you could put a sort of moat/entrance for the ships to enter and leave the castle. That'd be great for hostages.

Hmmz.. Cool.

Which brings me to a second question:
What are the ships like? The only screenshots ive seen are of men's one and i dont know of they have cannons or whatnot. :cool:

The Witch King of Angmar 04-26-2008 11:35 AM

I don't know if they will have cannons but you can mount tribs on them maybe.

Diggz 04-26-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 5991)
I don't know if they will have cannons but you can mount tribs on them maybe.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... That is SO COOL! That ship must be HUGE!!