Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   wheres all the hype ! ? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2658)

luftwaffe 04-04-2011 09:15 PM

wheres all the hype ! ?

I just stumbled upon this game it looks great and i cant wait for release , I love RTS games and used to be into MMOs back in the UO days im really surprised there isnt more hype tho but maybe a smaller more mature community is best for this type of game

willyneo 04-05-2011 12:05 AM

Yah I've noticed forums aren't taht active either wish they were though.

Martillo 04-05-2011 07:43 AM

Considering the long time it has taken for the game to be finished, it's natural that it wont be as hyped as if it had only been announced for a few months.

I believe that the requirements set by the devs in order to be allowed to play the beta also affects the amount of hype - I think a lot of people see the trailer, checks out the forums - and then leave when they find out they cant play the game anyway.

I think it might be part of the teams plan - To keep the community like a core-group of people that really wants to see this game turn out well, untill the final game launches.

Keeping the amount of beta players at 2k and setting requirements makes it easier for the devs since there will be less "useless hype talk" and more actual helpfull info and serious suggestions from the players.

Alex Walz 04-05-2011 09:50 PM

The forums will really pick up soon. Other sites will soon be handing out DOF beta keys and more previews will come in, as well as a new trailer - all in the next couple weeks.

But yeah, it is a little quiet... tell your friends! :D

Konstantin Fomenko 04-05-2011 10:20 PM

Most new developers even when working with the publisher save their marketing budget until it`s almost release team. And especially with MMO games it makes sense to market the game once it`s out.

During the next two month we should see activity pick up with up to 12,000 keys to be given away, beta forums going public, new video trailers, and preview in gaming media.

So yeah - everything`s according to plan.:)

Revan 04-05-2011 10:35 PM

Good plan :) seems like less pressure on the company and it's work :)

Roceh 04-06-2011 07:07 AM

As with a lot of these independent games, an extended good quality beta will bring people and press.

Martillo 04-06-2011 01:15 PM

12k keys - It looks like people will stop complaining about not being able to play the game then ;)
Sounds you guys know what you are doing, and hopefully it will all go well! :D

Sarkata 04-06-2011 02:54 PM

I would guess that most of the people who were or will be commenting in the forums are playing the beta at the moment. And also posting in the beta section of the forum. When the forums become entirely open(later today?), it should pick up a bit.

WoOpin 04-06-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 48410)
Most new developers even when working with the publisher save their marketing budget until it`s almost release team. And especially with MMO games it makes sense to market the game once it`s out.

During the next two month we should see activity pick up with up to 12,000 keys to be given away, beta forums going public, new video trailers, and preview in gaming media.

So yeah - everything`s according to plan.:)

I dunno Trion did it great they had some really good marketing.

They was doing 100 keys user giveaways with almost any MMO Site you could think of. Everyone wanted to try it or play it. Everyone was talking about it trying to get keys best as possible. Soon as a sites forums started to talk less about the game they would release 100 more keys.

They then gave away keys that gave people a chance to get into beta. You could not go to a single MMO site hearing about it because of the Hype. Now look at them it worked for them if they had not of done this method of marketing I bet you they would not have 1/3rd of subs they have now.

Best marketing method is hype up the community get everyone talking about it and wanting to play it. You have a great game and a great concept but I only found out about this game on the off chance anyone I mentioned it to has no idea what DoF is. But the way they marketed RIFT everyone had heard of it way before beta with all the keys being handed out giving people a chance of beta testing.

It is never just about the game it is all about the selling the game ;)

Sadly community hype and getting people talking about a game on every forum out there will get you far more users than a few adds here and there and a box in a shop it is just how the gaming community works now.