Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Army vrs Army? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253)

welshie 04-18-2008 02:46 AM

Army vrs Army?

Right i was thinking like say if an army is comming to attack you and it takes them like 1 hour to reach you, would there be a posibility of comming out of the safty of your castle and attack them while they unexpect it. for example im on my way to attack someone but they notice and send there army to cut me off/slow me down a map is generated so that both no buildings just army vrs army battle to the death. this would be better if ur facing a much stronger attacker because you can wipe all his seige wepons then build your army up even stonger while he makes more seige wepons.

well theres my view and i would love just to destroy people that way. proves that i have skill and that they wont try that again.

Ovocean 04-18-2008 02:59 AM

Well, it will be more like 2 minutes to go from your stronghold to an ennemy's one, but you do what you want with your army, so what you describe is possible, as soon as you can spy your ennemy.
If you're under a siege, you could also choose to go fight your opponent's army outside of your castle...

Village Sock 04-18-2008 03:22 AM

One hour to reach your stronghold? How big do you want the maps to be! It would be terrible having to march your troops for one hour just to reach your enemies base. Yeah they'll probably be 2-5mins apart. But im sure tactics like you said could still be employed to destroy their key units, like siege weapons, before they reach your castle. Hopefully like some guerilla warfare tactic could be used, with a special unti.

lord_farquad 04-18-2008 06:24 AM

1 hour? Sounds like Cossacks. I think I aged twenty years just waiting for my guys to march across the map. ^^

Puppeteer 04-18-2008 10:13 AM

lol of course, it's not all about sieges...

LordSlayer 04-18-2008 02:51 PM

Even if you could attack him while he was moving is army, do you really think he won't be waiting for you, and that he doesn't realize the part of your army you sent to attack him is no longer defending his base?

welshie 04-18-2008 05:48 PM

depeneds how far you can see on the map and maybe 1 hour was a bit to long, if they can only see a little of my walls ill just shove a tonne of ranged units there then make a fast skimishing party to destroy all you seige engines :)

LordSlayer 04-21-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshie (Post 5331)
depeneds how far you can see on the map and maybe 1 hour was a bit to long, if they can only see a little of my walls ill just shove a tonne of ranged units there then make a fast skimishing party to destroy all you seige engines :)

You really think people won't be especting a sortie when they're attacking an ennemie's stronghld.

The Witch King of Angmar 04-22-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshie (Post 5331)

I think it'll take about 5 minutes for the whole map.

Neotyguy40 04-22-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 5583)
I think it'll take about 5 minutes for the whole map.

Ok, that is WAY too short... Maybe like an hour?