The few graphic flaws wonít matter if the gameplay is nearly as deep and good as it is promised to be, but I know that many people (critical people, like I've been in days gone by :p) won't go over it if the visual aspect doesn't shout "Quality in here!", and, by the way, I would personally be happy to find these things disappeared or added when Dawn of Fantasy goes gold :
- The mist is a bit overused and over-thick. It's kind of everywhere on the screenshots, even in the desert setting. And as your engine won't supposedly support volumetric light and fog, it will look a little bad due to the clipping with the ground and other objects and lack of shadow on it. I'd suggest you to try to be more moderate with it.
Here's a good example of everything above.
Hm, while we are at it, the fire effect could benefit of some brightness and some glow over it.
- The shadows could be a lot better, but I've read you were improving them. Neat!
- Normal maps could be used to round up the harsh edges of strongholds stone structures
- Instead of totally disabling dynamic shadows on objects at a distance, could they be replaced with a simple drop shadow, so that the little elements keep integrating with the ground? The little details are really popping out on zoomed out screenshots.
- Maybe add random micro delays in the animations, so you wonít see a hundred soldiers swing their sword in perfect synchronization, wich is way too noticeable.
- The horses look like they have inherited some human legs walk cycle and skeleton. This looks pretty funny actually, donít change it ! :D
- I hate in strategy games when the various accessible player colors:
1) Ruin the beauty of the graphics because it is clashing with the colors of the environment
2) Make the player less visible on the map or minimap than with other accessible colors.
3) Don't make clear wich team the player belongs to.
1) Avoid giving access to full saturated colors, like the usual pure blue, pure red, pure green, pure yellow, etc. Lighter and/or less saturated colors is the way to go!
2) Lighter colors better than darker ones. Well, actually I don't mind if the player color act as a camouflage, as long as it's the same for all of them, and they are still recognizable between each other.
3) Keep the colors for a same team in the same tones
-2vs2vs2vs2: yellow/orange, blue/cyan, green/lighter-green, light-grey/black) (Yeah, black is quite visible generally. Maybe it has a bonus at night, don't know.)
-4vs4: pink/red/yellow/orange/, cyan/light-blue/purple/and...blue?
- You should turn on anti-aliasing before you take a screenshot! Among the reactions I've seen about the last bunch of screenshot you've dropped to the world, many were saying "the graphics look great actually, but that's the screenshots quality wich is terrible".
I'd suggest maybe that you drop your future soon-to-be-delivered trailers and screenshots here on the forum to beta-test them before sending them to the press.
By the way, Iíve just read an old thread where it is said that you would be working for some time on improving the 3D engine, and would hold back from posting new screenshots or videos until youíre done with the matter. Is it done now ? What massive improvements are still planned to be completed before the release ?
Don't worry, anything that takes that much RAM to run must have good graphics...
we are always improving the visuals, the fog has already changed. some of the pics are dreadfully outdated.
Could we have a new pic sometime? If the engine isn't done yet you could just put a label on it saying work in progress
32GB RAM??!!! I have 4GB and that's about the biggest amount of RAM, Dell can put into they're comps.
Ur sure it's not MB? :P
Back to topic already: Will the trebuchet boulders have some physics, will end their journey in walls and such and get some rebound and roll? From what I've seen in trailer 2, they currently pass through everything except the ground.
And ah, if you could have some beautiful skies like in World in Conflict... :)
Uh-huh. Graphics aren't everything, but to critics they appear to be.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.