Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Currency (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2448)

snpiccolo 02-23-2011 04:44 AM

Currency

Hi thanks for reading,

i propose, a detailed and trade-able currency in the game, where all players can interact with. Some of us older folks and girls in particular enjoy the building and trading of games. It gives us a way to relate our Real life desires, and being able to play out those fantasies in a game, I love everything the game has to offer so far, but adding a trade-able currency would seal the deal for a wide range of players...

i know it hard to implement a fair and useful form of currency that all players can trade or use, but i think it would bring in a ton of soft-core gamers.

Framer 02-23-2011 11:44 PM

I agree completly with this

GPS51 02-23-2011 11:50 PM

I'm not sure what a "in game currency" is per se. Could you elaborate just a bit?

Adamantite40 02-24-2011 10:19 PM

yes, in theory a tradeable currency would be useful for between gamers... but what else could it be used for? I mean ya, i could say "here, 50k Dawn of Fantasy coins and you can protect me for a week" but really, i think just making the resources in game tradeable would be a more likley option.

1) It allows players to gain more use from the resources

2)It doesnt force the designers to create more complicated aspects or rewrite the game's economic structure by bringing in another currency

3)If the designers were to create this new currency, then the players would need a way of getting it and a way to spend it. This could lead to a game-wide rewrite, to institute a new resource, resource gathering objects/people, and then items or re-write the costs of items to spend it on.

All in all-im not saying its a bad idea, a good one actually-but when you take everything into account, it almost wouldnt be worthit. though, then again, i havent played the game yet so im not absolutly clear on how the whole system works.

Keep up the good ideas!

hugenhlfan30 02-26-2011 05:09 PM

Yes i think a currency would be great but at the same time in a way you decide the currency with trade based on the way you view its value. if u can understand that lol

darkheart 02-27-2011 09:45 AM

im wouldent mind trade curancy but from the many games i have played i smell gold farmers if not done corectly if it were a even trade policy that is controled by the system there may be hope

data2.0 04-02-2011 10:18 PM

I'm all for a trading system and some sort of world economy, how about some sort of world government to impose economic sanctions and sort of control things. So we have a player council and we can check in on it to see in game discussions about on going wars, disasters, and trade disputes, and you can make decisions as a group to decide how to handle the situation for your own greedy benifit or the benefit of the entire world.