Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NO attacking Offline players, can be abused? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2350)

Saitexx 02-08-2011 09:51 AM

NO attacking Offline players, can be abused?

hello everyone :)

So far i really love everything i hea and read about this game!

there is just one thing that i am abit worried about and would like answerd.

If i see or just feel that i will be attacked, why not just log out? i mean it feels like it could be abused.

If i have missunderstood the system please tell me^^

Thank you!

master0p 02-08-2011 10:14 AM

For what i know is, if you would be attacked and your online and the siege would start and you would go offline, it will count as a loss.
So I wouldn't be worried about that.

I will be worried that some people might "lagspike" other people so they dropout.
I wonder if that will count as a loss..

Noel Bohac 02-08-2011 10:14 AM

This has already been thought about and we posted something on it sometime ago. I would like to give you the definite final answer, all I can say is we know, there is a solution what that value is can change daily. Eh I think someone with coding experience (if your not familiar) might be able to put one and twenty together and figure this one out :) Thou, give it a bit of time and your answer will be given when we are ready to go open beta.

-Noel

Sorry for the "roundabout" answer, we have a solution in place, it's just something I am unable to speak about till we are final in the build.

master0p 02-08-2011 10:18 AM

thanks for clearing that up :d

I rather have a roundabout answer :d than just speculations.
thanks !:D

NobleIre 02-08-2011 10:26 AM

Yeah, I remember reading that you'd get charged with a loss if you log off while in mid-siege. As to logging off if you feel that an attack is coming.. well that could be abuse of sorts, however, I suppose that would depend on how reliable your paranoia is. ^.^

TriggerHappyNDB 02-08-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobleIre (Post 43506)
Yeah, I remember reading that you'd get charged with a loss if you log off while in mid-siege. As to logging off if you feel that an attack is coming.. well that could be abuse of sorts, however, I suppose that would depend on how reliable your paranoia is. ^.^

My guess is that the only thing that type of paranoia would be reliable for in DoF is effectively turning you into a very, very lonely person ;).

Ezekiel 02-08-2011 01:11 PM

Glad to hear they are aware of the possibilty's of people abusing it and have got a conclusion already, most companys usually wait until the game is out before they have fixes for these sort of things.

Thumbs up.

Merku 02-08-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriggerHappyNDB (Post 43517)
My guess is that the only thing that type of paranoia would be reliable for in DoF is effectively turning you into a very, very lonely person ;).

Though if the trend from our other discussions about the RTS/MMO functionality continues... we may all be very lonely without guild/clan friends anyway! :(

Blasted technical limitations! I'm sure it'll be fine, no matter what. :P I've followed DoF for too long now to think it'll flop. Too good of an idea.

swedishviking 02-08-2011 04:17 PM

It is probably something as simple as an official log out. For example, you may click the button to log out but there is a timer in the background. If you disconnect or log out, the timer starts and begins to log you as a forfeit.

Most MMOs don't allow you to log out immediately

darklegends8 02-08-2011 04:22 PM

The only thing is what if you disconnect due to internet problems?