Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   map sizes.... (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23)

Oblitherate 06-03-2007 08:57 AM

map sizes....

are the maps gonna be supreme commander size or classic age of mythology or age of empires sizes? cause i was kinda hoping for big huge battles.

and also how lower end pc friendly is this gonna be?

Thanks

Darvin 06-03-2007 12:43 PM

This is what was said in another thread:

Quote:

Max zoom out:

Since our maps vary greatly in size I`ll have to describe it myself by giving a few examples from standard skirmish gameplay.

Map with two player towns on it would be around 6 by 6 max zoomed out screens.

Map with four player towns - 9 by 9.

With 6 player towns - 11 by 11.

With 8 - 13 by 13.

Oblitherate 06-03-2007 09:38 PM

alright now how about system reqs what are the current estimates?

Thanks

Darvin 06-04-2007 12:00 PM

Can't remember where I read it, but I believe they've said it's too early to say.

Konstantin Fomenko 06-05-2007 08:33 AM

It is too early to name system specs, but imo - any video card Shader 2 compatible, with 128mbs, and 2.0+Ghz system will be sufficient.

Ryan 06-05-2007 05:54 PM

Just a little secret... Intel QuadCore's are a minimum, so start saving!

Just kidding, the graphics card is one of the most demanding aspect of the game at the moment, as Konstantin said, it will require a 128MB Shader 2.0 Video Card. Most gamers I would expect are past the 2GHz point at the moment if they are looking to keep up with games coming out in 2008.

My system runs the current version of DoF (which is constantly set on max settings) without any noticible lag:

2.8Ghz Intel Core2
2GB RAM
512MB GeForce 7900

For those who don't have the PC to run it, there's always the XBOX 360 version.

Darvin 06-05-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

the graphics card is one of the most demanding aspect of the game at the moment
That's true for most titles these days, I find.

Based on what you've just said, anyone replacing their computer with a new upper or middle class platform in the near future should be able to run this game without any issue. Unless you've got an aging machine that you can't upgrade or replace, looks like this one won't be difficult to run.

Oblitherate 06-11-2007 05:04 PM

alright thanks alot my computers age is really starting to show time to upgrade.......

The Witch King of Angmar 06-14-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 199)
That's true for most titles these days, I find.

Based on what you've just said, anyone replacing their computer with a new upper or middle class platform in the near future should be able to run this game without any issue. Unless you've got an aging machine that you can't upgrade or replace, looks like this one won't be difficult to run.

Hey my computer could run BFME and BFME2 beautifully thanks to an Nvidia graphics card i got about a year ago. I dont know the specs on it but if I since I have a good video card as well in your opinions do you think we could run it?

PS I have an Emachines if that means anything.

jap88 06-14-2007 04:49 PM

Hmmm, i'm kind of interested in knowing what those little buttons in the upper left corner of that screen Darvin posted do...