Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Casual Players? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2299)

Azrealle 02-05-2011 03:32 PM

Casual Players?

This game sounds exactly like what the RTS community needs (IMHO), it will bring a persistant world which will remove the annoyance of zerg rush wins and give you a feeling of over-all game play story arcs... As a casual player am I going to be destroyed every week when I log off for 3-4 days at a time though? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to spend hours a day building up the orcish hordes to trounce humans but I have a family so...

Still reading and learning but I thought I would ask and see what folks say based on their own research.

BigX 02-05-2011 03:40 PM

It certainly look like a refreshing way to approach an RTS. Hopefully it brings a wave of new big style RTS games. Bit bored of the same old crap that keep coming out.

EdwardTheGreat 02-05-2011 03:43 PM

Based on my own research, I believe that once you log off, you can not be attacked by another player, but it will be nice not having to worry about losing what you work for while one is at work or tending to his or her family.

Dracus 02-05-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdwardTheGreat (Post 42982)
Based on my own research, I believe that once you log off, you can not be attacked by another player, but it will be nice not having to worry about losing what you work for while one is at work or tending to his or her family.

Do not worry about that you cannot be attacked while offline and above all there are level brackets being assigned so higher levels cannot just pwn the low level or new people joining the game.

Griegor Mcvennor 02-05-2011 11:16 PM

Well that is certainly a relief. I wonder what oppurtunities there will be for roleplaying? Would it be possible to roleplay a kingdom as opposed to just being a collection of player clans?

doomkid98 02-06-2011 08:02 AM

that has certantly relieved me now that i know i wont be ganked when im logged off but a new concern has arisen: wont it be extremely difficult to find people to raid as a majority of the players wont be logged on when u want to raid and therefor you will have to travel quite far to find someone.

Lee7778747 02-07-2011 08:00 AM

There will be quests to do and a.I. to fight if a lot of people aren't on

nocixel 02-07-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dracus (Post 43061)
Do not worry about that you cannot be attacked while offline and above all there are level brackets being assigned so higher levels cannot just pwn the low level or new people joining the game.

If the attack was initiated while you were online, can you log out real quick?
Or is it too late, at that point?

TriggerHappyNDB 02-07-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocixel (Post 43318)
If the attack was initiated while you were online, can you log out real quick?
Or is it too late, at that point?

What we've been told so far is that when a player initiates an attack against you, you have two options:
  1. Accept the challenge and bunker down in your fortress, ready to fend off the attacker's advance, or
  2. Refuse the challenge and pay a resource tribute to your attacker. The amount of the tribute will depend on your level in relation to your attacker: The more challenging the opponent, the lower the tribute required to deny their challenge, and vice-versa.
Logging out with the challenge dialog on the screen would probably start a countdown timer to automatic refusal. If you log back in quickly enough (in the case of say, a disconnection), you may still have time to accept the challenge. If you do not, you will automatically decline and pay tribute to the attacker once it reaches zero.

Wuldor 02-07-2011 01:10 PM

Im glad you cant be attacked when offline there would be nothing worse than coming on to find you had been raided