Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   When a battle starts..... (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2285)

Lee7778747 02-05-2011 08:36 AM

When a battle starts.....

How much time do you have to get your forces in the right places before the actual battle starts or is it all in real time? Like putting your battalions where you want them before you can be attacked by the defenders defenses?

master0p 02-05-2011 08:40 AM

From the Trailers that i saw i assume when you setup a camp in your enemy instance and you join in you will see your soldiers getting out of the camp in real time.
So i guess you have to set your battalians in real time and you can't place them organised first before you enter the instance.
but i guess the instance is pretty big so you don't need to worry that you are getting troubles right away.

Loclear 02-05-2011 06:45 PM

IMO, a good idea would be to have a trigger system you could use to tell your troops what to do if you aren't onlilne to tell them, for example

x = gate
0 = archer group 1 (on a gate)
s = swordsmen group 1
- = wall
` = empty space (otherwise the s for the swordsmen group left aligns ^^)

-------------x-------------

-------------0-------------
````````s

Okay, the example triggers could be:

When the front gate is destroyed, archer group 1 retreat to the last gate and swordsmen group 1 charge forward to delay the attackers. After 20 seconds of fighting (if the swordsmen last that long) they retreat back through the gate and wait for another trigger.

This way being attacked while you are offline (should) carry a much lesser risk of death by your AI ignoring a gaping hole in your defences.

Still, just an idea and I hope it helps in some way.

Dracus 02-05-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loclear (Post 43030)
IMO, a good idea would be to have a trigger system you could use to tell your troops what to do if you aren't onlilne to tell them, for example

x = gate
0 = archer group 1 (on a gate)
s = swordsmen group 1
- = wall
` = empty space (otherwise the s for the swordsmen group left aligns ^^)

-------------0-------------
````````s

Okay, the example triggers could be:

When the front gate is destroyed, archer group 1 retreat to the last gate and swordsmen group 1 charge forward to delay the attackers. After 20 seconds of fighting (if the swordsmen last that long) they retreat back through the gate and wait for another trigger.

This way being attacked while you are offline (should) carry a much lesser risk of death by your AI ignoring a gaping hole in your defences.

Still, just an idea and I hope it helps in some way.

Good idea still does not apply. You cannot be attacked while offline. At best this could serve as AI scripting behavior for your squads but still I do no think the game will allow that much customization on your units Ai behavior.

echang 02-07-2011 10:26 PM

I think having a pseudo-Total War style setup would be nice. Something along the lines of setting up which units start where on the border of the instance would be my suggestion.

jasont21 02-08-2011 01:54 PM

didnt realised you couldnt be attackled while ur offline. gd idea, but gna suck if all the close cities around you are full of people that no longer use the game in the future. will people ever have cities removed or say if they uninstall a game, what happens to there location in the 'online world' do they still stay there even tho they wont actually be playing?