Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media Fair (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   CB5 Launch Screens (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2279)

Alex Walz 02-04-2011 05:30 PM

CB5 Launch Screens

FANTASY FRIDAY
The Fifth Closed Beta Stage

Hey all! For this week's Fantasy Friday, we'll be looking at the next Closed Beta patch (which is a huge one, I might add) that a lot of you will be playing shortly. Within the next couple hours, 300 new fans will be introduced to Dawn of Fantasy's Closed Beta - so be sure to check your email if you signed up for a key. Please note that while the new testers can download the client as soon as they get an email and start playing the game, CB5 will not officially commence until early next week when this patch will be added to the beta version.

Without further ado, here is a quick synopsis of the key features that Reverie is excited to add to the beta client:

Closed Beta 5.0 Additions:
  • 16 New towns - Visit the bustling port of Welgeth, the isolated quagmires of Serepha Moota, the ominous fortress of an ecomaniacal orc king, and 13 other stunning NPC towns!
  • Field Combat - Challenge traveling armies anywhere in the three realms! Field combat allows PvP and PvE battles on open playing fields and introduces an intelligent new Field AI.
  • New View System - Adjusted View System to industry standards, complete with intuitive dynamic camera scrolling.
  • All walls (heavy and palisade), gates, and towers are now targettable and desctructible - prior to this, only human walls were destructible.
  • Gameplay and Balance fixes - Unit stats have been adjusted and several other reported bugs, including past bugs with looting, have been fixed for an optimal CB5 experience.

Coming Soon:
  • New Siege Weapons and Counter-Siege Defenses based on suggestions from our beta testers
  • New Army View functionality, complete with a greater explorable region including randomized, interactable tribes
  • Enhanced Pathfinding
  • Additional combat audio tracks

TriggerHappyNDB 02-04-2011 05:44 PM

Those are some fantastic additions to hear about. I really hope I'm one of the lucky new testers--the chance to make this game even better than it already looks is one challenge I would love to take on!

pkdavid 02-04-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriggerHappyNDB (Post 42788)
Those are some fantastic additions to hear about. I really hope I'm one of the lucky new testers--the chance to make this game even better than it already looks is one challenge I would love to take on!

I think you're not alone is wanting to test the beta, there are people who waited in line:D.
I hope I also have a key, I extend my illness for six more weeks, I have plenty of time to give.

otherwise it is true that all this is very nice .

Dalkor 02-04-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriggerHappyNDB (Post 42788)

I'd have to agree with pretty much everything Trigger said, nice additions and the stuff yet to be added seems interesting as well.

On a side, slightly related, note, what makes me slightly agitated is people who preview a game in the beta stage as the final release w/o giving feedback; giving it a bad rep and trash talking it (aka trolls), knowing that (1)it's not the final product and (2)the beta is there so we can help identify and fix those errors.

That aside, from what I have experienced on these boards has me surprised. There do not seem to be many trollish type people who would do any of the above. I think it's because this game caters to a group of people other then the mainstream crowd(FPS/RPG players). And so the people you get here are those truly intent on seeing this game flourish.

G'luck to those hoping to get in and to those who have gotten the email already before the db issues.

master0p 02-05-2011 04:10 AM

hehe nice pictures.
If i see those orcs with theyre towers , looks pretty awesome with the extenced"balcony"
Makes me wanna rethink my choice as humans.

What makes me wonder with the new features you guys gonna add is.
Is it possible To choose your fights between PvP/PvE with the field combat?
Since i prefer to tune up my skills and lvl my army first before i wanna head pvp.

Wolverine80 02-05-2011 11:20 AM

Wow the game look nice :),im wondering what kind of countersiege they will add..

LiTos456 02-05-2011 01:10 PM

Looking amazing, as always.
Good job folks :)

Azrealle 02-05-2011 04:34 PM

These images are great, what is relative graphic setting that these were taken at though? Is this low/med/high settings? Just tryign to get an idea of whether we are able to scale to a higher quality than this as well.

billybob567 02-05-2011 06:03 PM

This game looks better everytime i see a screen shot

Wolfpack 02-05-2011 06:43 PM

The glossy look makes it akin to Men of War