Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Either "Closed Beta" or remove requirenments (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2228)

7Priest7 01-31-2011 08:06 PM

Either "Closed Beta" or remove requirenments

Open Beta... Means open to all for massive testing.
If you guys are going to be selective and require Posting, you should be honest and say closed beta.

Better yet work out the kinks in your game before wasting peoples time with a game that doesn't exist/isn't playable.

GPS51 01-31-2011 08:50 PM

This was random...

Alex Walz 01-31-2011 08:56 PM

Yes, it's not truly an open beta but we're referring to it as that to greatly increase the number of testers while still restricting it to those who we feel will make quality testers.

Go ahead and sign up if you don't have ten posts. We've been letting in people with less. The posts are there to show us your dedication to the game so that when we have more sign-ups than open spots, we can give the keys to those who have already shown dedication rather than those who had never heard of the game before signing up. Having less than ten posts does not mean you cannot participate, it just means your chances are slimmer.

Quote:

Better yet work out the kinks in your game before wasting peoples time with a game that doesn't exist/isn't playable.
If this is your attitude, we'd have to ask that you don't sign up for the beta. A beta is not a demo. We are not looking for players, we are looking for testers.

As such, the game is still unpolished and the whole reason we have a beta testing period is to get new players to tell us their thoughts and report bugs. No one should sign up for a beta expecting it to be polished or a realistic representation of the finished product.

7Priest7 02-01-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Walz (Post 42029)
If this is your attitude, we'd have to ask that you don't sign up for the beta. A beta is not a demo. We are not looking for players, we are looking for testers.

That is true however, I was simply further hinting at my annoyance of the lie(saying it is open) and it being closed beta...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Walz (Post 42029)
As such, the game is still unpolished and the whole reason we have a beta testing period is to get new players to tell us their thoughts and report bugs. No one should sign up for a beta expecting it to be polished or a realistic representation of the finished product.

This is a faulty statement entirely.
I have seen many early alpha games that played flawless and I would honestly have paid for.
Beta Especially OPEN really means you have a slim chance of finding bugs but if you do take notes and try to repeat it at least once on video for future developer viewing.

EDIT: Anyhow I have no desire to test for liars as liars will likely be thief's...

master0p 02-01-2011 06:02 PM

Lol...
I am amazed the devs even answered you.
Alpha's/closed betas/open betas are just for testing no need to discuss that , its just a fact.

"Quote" Better yet work out the kinks in your game before wasting peoples time with a game that doesn't exist/isn't playable."/Quote"

And again thats the reason there are betas, getting the kinks out of a game.

Hope you learning something :)

LiTos456 02-01-2011 07:22 PM

You are nobody to tell the developers how to develop their games and the publishers how to publish them.

Please do not start flame wars on this forum, especially with them, or you will be banned.

End of story.