Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   logging in and out (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2181)

Wesso 01-27-2011 08:54 AM

logging in and out

sorry if theres been a thread about this already, but i was just wondering how logging in and out during a battle would work.
If someone sees they losing and just quickly logs out to avoid losing, will this be allowed or will there be some sort of thing to stop this?

this game looks pretty sick, possibly the best and freshest idea iv seen for a long time, cant wait for it to come out!

:D

GPS51 01-27-2011 09:03 AM

If someone pulls a stunt like that they will be charged with the loss and their opponent will get the "W".

Joseph Visscher 01-27-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPS51 (Post 41405)
If someone pulls a stunt like that they will be charged with the loss and their opponent will get the "W".

If you disconnect (pull your internet plug) or log off or quit, you will have to pay a massive fee, possibly lose wealth and resources which goes to the victor, possibly randomly kill some of your army. When you sign back in, you'll wish you had fought to the end.

elcooleo248 01-27-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesso (Post 41403)
sorry if theres been a thread about this already, but i was just wondering how logging in and out during a battle would work.
If someone sees they losing and just quickly logs out to avoid losing, will this be allowed or will there be some sort of thing to stop this?

this game looks pretty sick, possibly the best and freshest idea iv seen for a long time, cant wait for it to come out!

:D

insta-loss for them

Khan kreiger 01-27-2011 04:25 PM

daamnn. Wait so what if you loose connection with the server, will i have to pay a big fee and give up some resources....?

Loose Morals 01-29-2011 09:47 PM

dont worry

the ability to be safe while logged off is soo important that it needs to be protected, we all need sleep at least once a week.
Im happy to have a penalty like this in place to stop people abusing this system.
meby if you genuinly had a connection failure you could contact a mod or system admin and explain what happened. if they think you deserve it then they give you your stuff back.
Im sure a small log can be made at the start of a battle with force sizes. and this could make the job easier. if you were going to lose the battle anyway they just tell you "no"

liquidish 01-31-2011 10:55 AM

Usually when someone is disconnected they will try to log back on, and that should show up as not logging out or quitting. That is how it works in other games I have played, the disconnected doesn't get a penalty and the still connected (if this causes them to win) gets the win. I hope this is how it works, seems the most logical to me.

Dalkor 02-01-2011 02:24 AM

I asked this question in a thread awhile back, it was never answered. What about those who DC?

Conceive 02-01-2011 12:19 PM

Perhaps something can be put into play like... If you "disconnect" for X amount of time and come back in in Y amount of time you will not be heavily fined for the disconnect but for what ever reason and end up back online like a day later I can see that the person who stayed online and was winning should get the "w" and the recourses.

It is the internet, and connection is not perfect all the time (especially if you have time warner)

nauro 02-03-2011 12:13 PM

Maybe have like an easy AI take over for a player that d/c's so that it's not an automatic win and if the person crashed or got dc'd legitly it gives them a chance to come back on..... OR maybe a timer for like 5-15 minutes and if they aren't back on in that time then it becomes a forfeit.