Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MMORTS Showcase # 3 (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215)

Konstantin Fomenko 04-01-2008 08:22 AM

MMORTS Showcase # 3

Bellow are shots from the character creation menu - region selection for the race of Orcs. This time we didn`t include economy stats - as we need to keep some things about Orcish economy hidden for now.

Orcs of the Flattan Rol - Makkada Swamps
Dark Makkada swamps stretch for miles on the border with Terria. Plentiful but dangerous lands. Great number of animals to hunt, moderate number of gold and stone mines.

Never short on food Flattan Rol players still enjoy moderate gold and wood income. Swamp Orcs are quite well-balanced in all regards and enjoy the ability of massing a great army fast, though their units are generally of the cheaper and weaker kind.

Orcs of the Riisental - Putlak Desert.

Pultak Desert is a remote region, free of life, trees or anything else but sand and gold, sand and gold.

Riisental players adjust their economy to be gold-dependant, and resort to cannibalism to sustain their food stockpile, large creatures such as Ogres become their livestock. With very limited access to ranged units, but great desert cavalry and fierce melee warriors - they are few, but strong! Cheaper upgrades, and equally bad with town building and laying siege, however, Riisental Orcs are elite force on the open-field.

Orcs of the Thikken Dal - Ral Nistro Forest.

Ral Nistro Forests are the deepest, darkest forests of Mythador. Obvious choice for Orcs who have use wood for all their buildings including walls.

Thikken Dal players enjoy the ability of building very large Orcish towns which is quite rare for Orcs. They rely on ranged units, great number of free goblins, and strong defenses. Great with sieges and can set up deadly ambushes on forest terrain, however lack unit power for an open field battle.

Chromatism 04-01-2008 10:26 AM

Brilliant!

Really starting to see how the starting location can affect the persistant resource model and therefore the troop choices and economy.

Actually, that's one of the things I'm really looking forward to. Perhaps 'Sexual Euphoria' isn't quite the right term, but close :D

Is anyone else the smallest bit reminded of magic the gathering? Swamps, Plains, Forests and so forth... Perhaps its just me.

Sharku 04-01-2008 02:47 PM

I'm definitely gonna like the desert Orcs the most.

The Witch King of Angmar 04-01-2008 03:06 PM

Those screens may just make me play as the orcs once in a while. :D

Jean=A=Luc 04-01-2008 04:40 PM

Orks, Orks, Orks! :)

Chromatism 04-02-2008 01:58 AM

WAAAARGH!

Well, just to add to my previous post. Now that I'm not a bleary eyed git and can absorb the info like a life leeching sponge, I'd actually like to go with the forest setting.

For some reason, having a bunch of 'civilised' Orcs in a large forestal city really does appeal. It might also having something to do with my druidic, paganistic tendencies... etc! :D

Oh! And everyone knows a lick of red paint makes fings go fasta!

Guardian195 04-02-2008 02:17 AM

I was having a hard time deciding if I liked Riisental or Flattan Rol orcs more... Flattan Rol is the clear winner, due to cannibalism being ftl

borbask 04-02-2008 06:33 AM

goooooddddddddddddd

Godd picturs, good orcs! Muhhaha!:)
The best games i have ever seen when it comes about strategic games:) :D

Puppeteer 04-04-2008 11:18 AM

:O When is this coming out!?!?!? lol jk jk, this looks darn good!