Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Defense when offline (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2142)

lordsabbath88 01-23-2011 03:13 PM

Defense when offline

I was just wondering .. If I'm offline, another player can attack me?
If so, how it is managed my defense?
In your opinion how it should work? :D

Joseph Visscher 01-23-2011 04:16 PM

When your offline no one can see you or attack you. You can actually bribe other players to not attack you also if your just not in the mood.

luizeba 01-23-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 40806)
When your offline no one can see you or attack you. You can actually bribe other players to not attack you also if your just not in the mood.

Bribe? It'll be a feature of the game, or it'll be done between players? Because a lack of 'bribe system' can create frauds and scams.

lordsabbath88 01-23-2011 04:27 PM

wow it's great! I think it's a very good solution, especially for those who do not always want to fight, but prefer a more passive approach to the game.

Karl-Heinz 01-23-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 40806)

Hm ... It's a shame. Of course, being attacked and even had a chance to defend himself would suck's, but could you leave this option. If any player attacking someone who is offline instead of facing a human with an ability equal to him he probably would end up with an AI at the highest level of difficulty that you would be able to create. That would make anyone think twice before taking such action, but would not end the player's freedom of choice.

Rhino 01-23-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz (Post 40817)
Hm ... It's a shame. Of course, being attacked and even had a chance to defend himself would suck's, but could you leave this option. If any player attacking someone who is offline instead of facing a human with an ability equal to him he probably would end up with an AI at the highest level of difficulty that you would be able to create. That would make anyone think twice before taking such action, but would not end the player's freedom of choice.

Well usually in games like this if the AI faught for you they suck really bad. I mean really bad. They usually just stand there and wait for the enemy to come in range of their attack distance. So in that case this feature is really good for the game as you actually have to think tactically in the way you fight another player.

luizeba 01-23-2011 05:51 PM

Attacking AIs sucks. Limit the battles between players and the game will rock.

boiky 01-24-2011 10:05 AM

true that for most game the highest ai is still not as good as a online player, so better not allow to fight a offline player
and before that, i do thought that there will be a auto defense system for the offline player - which i mean maybe something like fight with ai
anyway, then i think now, is it posible that two player attack the third player at the same time?
what will happen? and or how it work?
if this wont happen, how doesnt it work to not make it happen?

Gongora 01-24-2011 11:41 AM

As for *bribing* other players to not attack you, there could be a built in game system of a signed peace document for a certain set amount of time. Now either that would be a direct way to stop someone from attacking you if they accept or they could break it, maybe then *flagging them as a terrorist group or something that would result in a punishment of somekind*

Like open player killing in other games, if you randomly go over to some player and drop them for the fun of it, other players can come on over and gank pound you for status, bounty, ect.

Any thoughts?

spikeynit 01-24-2011 12:51 PM

I like the idear of not been seen while offline would certainly take away the feeling when login on not sure if you been destroyed while sleeping, the bride system sounds good maybe like bartering system one player pays another not to attack him the attacking player chooses the price?