Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   castle design and specializations/techtrees (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2113)

olane123 01-21-2011 11:44 AM

castle design and specializations/techtrees

Hey guys

I just want to gain greater insight in to this game, due to its nature of castle attack and defence will this game allow the player to design and build their castles or will it be preset as this customization could alow for the adaptation of tactics as each castle would be unique.

also will this game utilizetech trees for upgrades and units like HOMM and disciples or will it have all units unlocked from the start.

thanks guys.

Rhino 01-22-2011 12:53 AM

Well im not sure about elves but I do know that the humans have a layout type of thing where you have to put buildings in certain places, and I have read that some orc buildings can be placed wherever you wish.

Hans 01-22-2011 03:03 AM

You have points where u can click on, to build walls and Buildings for Elvs and Humans, Orcs can build everywhere !

Its a pretty good idea cause, no one will have a OP Castles with 20 layers of walls everywhere.

bason 01-22-2011 05:38 AM

castle desing

i wonder if you cant set extra defenses like putting water arround your castle or setting secret pit holls that when enemies step on it they will fall in it or even drop boiling oil or rocks on the enemy comming to the walls

Th3 Mastodon 01-22-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bason (Post 40453)
i wonder if you cant set extra defenses like putting water arround your castle or setting secret pit holls that when enemies step on it they will fall in it or even drop boiling oil or rocks on the enemy comming to the walls

that would be awesome

DarkLord7854 01-22-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

+1 to that

atsumok 01-22-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

This would one of the sweetest things ive seen in a game yet if they do have this

Arachnid 01-22-2011 08:09 PM

I think it would be awesome for environmental defense tech trees to be implemented as well.

Example: Ice map...you can set traps on frozen lakes which would result in the ice breaking under the army and falling into the ice cold water below, or for avalanches to crush waves of enemies, etc.

Volcanic maps...you'd definitely have to have the top research being one that forced the volcano to prematurely erupt resulting in reduced field of vision, movement, etc. from the ash clouds. You could aptly name it "Pompeii". Just one thing to make the game more unique and vary what could happen in each battle.

adrian.boltt 01-23-2011 07:14 AM

all those ideas are great and will jus add to the epicness of this game:cool:

Warchamp84 01-23-2011 05:58 PM

These ideas are very good

I agree with the above ideas very much in fact i think all of these should be essential for a game like this. It will just make the game even better and yes it will add to the epic-ness of the game.

Also another idea would be the type of map and the effectiveness of the a nations in that area. Like for example Elves should gain a environmental defensive bonus in the forests and etc and humans in naturally viable locations, not like volcanic areas hence they would receive some negative effects. Orcs can be the hardy type and have bonuses in Dessert type lands and get a negative effect when in forests etc.

That it the environmental effects, weather effects can also play a part in the game that being said it could contribute to the dynamic effects the game is suppose to have.