Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Showcase: Orcish Armor Upgrades (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204)

Alexander Flegler 03-15-2008 04:13 PM

Showcase: Orcish Armor Upgrades

We are proud to show you two Orc units, the Slayer and the Impaler and their upgrades. Every upgrade is researched seperately and doesn't have to be researched in a certain order (like the pictures could suggest).

You can see a total of four different upgrades to the Slayer: Spaulders (increases slash armor), Helmet (increases crush armor), and Shield (increase pierce armor).

There are two different armor upgrades to the Impaler: Spaulders (increases slash armor), and Sallet (increases crush armor).

crex719 03-15-2008 11:21 PM

Wow these upgrades not only look cool but u can put in any order. Nice!

Jean=A=Luc 03-16-2008 07:14 AM

That looks very nice. It's great how you can prioritize, if you're playing vs. elves shields are probably what you'd want to get before anything else, against humans, slash armour is probably a good first choice etc.

Village Sock 03-16-2008 09:21 AM

Looks really nice. loving how you can choose which upgrade you pick first. Will definetly help with strategy when your against certain opponents.

jap88 03-16-2008 11:26 AM

Still looking good. I have to echo everyone else in saying it's cool to be able to choose the upgrades, and that the upgrades actually have a noticeable effect rather than just saying a modifier on the unit sheet on the toolbar.

Puppeteer 03-16-2008 01:02 PM

wow... hmm, gotta think of something original... eh, brilliant detail! :D

Darvin 03-16-2008 01:45 PM

My only concern is that it looks like it would be difficulty, if impossible, to differentiate the three different impalers at a distance. The upgrades are rather small and difficult to see. I think you need to do something to make that more obvious at a larger scale (maybe add a colourful section to that shoulder pad to make it stand out, and some spikes or other stylish shapes to the helmet to make it stand out. I notice you have the spikes on the added to the slayer to make the helmet more obvious; something along those lines would be good. That said, the shoulder-pads may also be difficult to see at larger distances.

I think these look absolutely awesome, and the idea of having specialized upgrades may work out quite well.

frankein_fish 03-16-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 4522)
My only concern is that it looks like it would be difficulty, if impossible, to differentiate the three different impalers at a distance. The upgrades are rather small and difficult to see. I think you need to do something to make that more obvious at a larger scale (maybe add a colourful section to that shoulder pad to make it stand out, and some spikes or other stylish shapes to the helmet to make it stand out. I notice you have the spikes on the added to the slayer to make the helmet more obvious; something along those lines would be good. That said, the shoulder-pads may also be difficult to see at larger distances.

Or you could make some kind of a big symbol, like a sword if it has slash armor, a klub if it has crush armor etc.
kinnda like the dawn of war symbol's for cover and negative cover

iceblast 03-16-2008 03:59 PM

nice work guys

Alexander Flegler 03-16-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 4522)

I think these look absolutely awesome, and the idea of having specialized upgrades may work out quite well.

This is true but right now these upgrades apply to all Slayer units for instance so you don't have to distinguish an unupgraded Slayer from an upgraded one. It is possibly subject to change though; maybe in the final version the battalions/hordes will get these upgrades seperately (like in BFME), but that's due to balancing.