Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Campaign Screenshots. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189)

Konstantin Fomenko 02-05-2008 01:23 PM

Campaign Screenshots.

Gentelmen,

This week screenshots cover our single-player campaign. We`ll be glad to anwser your questions.

Campaign Cinematic. Heroes talking on a stronghold wall.

[b]Front walls of Dagbor stronghold.[b]

Men cornered by Orcs...

Menthorn rebels fort from Chapter 8 - this is what mobile army camps look like by the way.

Konstantin Fomenko 02-05-2008 01:26 PM

Menthorn rebel camp on fire.

Ropebridge.

Shot of the human capital city.

Forest during cinematic.

The Witch King of Angmar 02-05-2008 01:32 PM

Sorry Witch King, I can only squize 4 pictures per post, so I had to edit your post and get last two screenshots in here:)

Battelfield in all it`s gory glory.

Cinematic - heroes talking.

Looks awesome as always. A few questions I had are:

1. What are those pictures of those guys heads on the third screenshot at the top left hand corner for? One had a 3 by it.

2. Can you build bridges over water to increase the size of your forts?

3. Can you expand your forts by dragging out the walls or something?

4. Do those subtitles in the black box come up in skirmishes and online matches?

Thanks

Village Sock 02-05-2008 01:36 PM

Wow. Looks great as ever.
That bridge on the 5th picture just doesn't look safe XD

ash12181987 02-05-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Village Sock (Post 4220)
Wow. Looks great as ever.
That bridge on the 5th picture just doesn't look safe XD

I think I remember that bridge from Indiana Jones ;)

And that screenie that was the wooden castle fort with the dudes pouring out of it armed to the teeth... thats gold guys, pure gold.

The Witch King of Angmar 02-05-2008 04:21 PM

No problem. One more question. Are the Menthorn rebels available for the men to buy?

PS What do you mean by mobile army camp? Can you rip it down and build it up somewhere else the same way it was?

Thanks

Konstantin Fomenko 02-05-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

PS What do you mean by mobile army camp? Can you rip it down and build it up somewhere else the same way it was?
Pretty much - this is our solution to forward base building. You can read more about this on the DoF website - Army Camps.

Jean=A=Luc 02-05-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 4222)
No problem. One more question. Are the Menthorn rebels available for the men to buy?

Do those subtitles in the black box come up in skirmishes and online matches?

They're just elements of the single player campaign/storyline, I don't see any indication they have anything to do with online/skirmish.

Those army camps look pretty elaborate, just like Romans used to build 'em in the good ol' days. :)

frankein_fish 02-06-2008 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 4225)
Those army camps look pretty elaborate, just like Romans used to build 'em in the good ol' days. :)

One big diference between the roman and these camps are that the Romans only had one set of wall, and they didn't had siege equipment in the forts plus the Romans prefered to take the battle outside the fort.

Jean=A=Luc 02-06-2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankein_fish (Post 4226)
One big diference between the roman and these camps are that the Romans only had one set of wall, and they didn't had siege equipment in the forts plus the Romans prefered to take the battle outside the fort.

I guess it wasn't standard practice but if you remember the siege of Alesia (the final battle of the Gaelic wars) the Romans built two layers of fortifications although each layer was supposed to defend from one side so you could, in a way, look as them as single walls.

And they did use artillery to help the defense of their camps.

They're not the same of course, it's just that the palisades and towers from the screenshots remind me of some images of roman fortified camps I've seen during the years. But I'm sure some of the other armies built them in a similar way too.