Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Pub (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Greatest book author (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1858)

Fruziek 12-06-2010 05:03 AM

Greatest book author
 
In my opinion its S.M Stirling he writes great post apocalyptic books ever

tim1983 12-06-2010 05:09 AM

George R.R Martin i would say.. im also fond of Ken Follet's work

oddi74 12-06-2010 11:29 AM

i would say anthony horowitz

Josh Warner 12-06-2010 11:31 AM

I believe I'm simply not qualified to answer that question. My favorite author(s) would be George R.R. Martin and/or Issac Asimov though.

tim1983 12-06-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Warner (Post 36972)
I believe I'm simply not qualified to answer that question. My favorite author(s) would be George R.R. Martin and/or Issac Asimov though.

Josh, may i say you have great taste ;) dont know if you have checked it, but i made a post about the new game of thrones television series in offtopic :) posted some good vids there if you havent seen :)..

also, i think the title greatest author, is what ultimately you believe to be the best.. everyone will always have different opinions about who is greatest...

Josh Warner 12-06-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim1983 (Post 36974)
Josh, may i say you have great taste ;) dont know if you have checked it, but i made a post about the new game of thrones television series in offtopic :) posted some good vids there if you havent seen :)..

also, i think the title greatest author, is what ultimately you believe to be the best.. everyone will always have different opinions about who is greatest...

Merely playing devils advocate with the title. I'm sure they'll be rather interesting games but there isn't too much info available yet, I like to wait a little further in the development cycle before I pay too much attention or I get anxious.

tim1983 12-06-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Warner (Post 36975)
Merely playing devils advocate with the title. I'm sure they'll be rather interesting games but there isn't too much info available yet, I like to wait a little further in the development cycle before I pay too much attention or I get anxious.

yeah, thats true, information is still a bit scarce, altho a 10 minute featurette has just been released... but as a fan of that series, i cant help to be psyched about it, like i am a bit with Dawn of Fantasy :D

Polan 12-06-2010 11:54 AM

Sapkowski(The Witcher) his laungage and way of writing is just addicting.
Komuda(series of really nice books), his books are short, open ended but always exciting.
Glukhovsky(Metro2033), the only book I read from him is Metro, but I have to say it's on top of my favourites, would be really nice to get in hand more books by him.

damunzy 12-06-2010 07:14 PM

I too feel that I am not able to say who the greatest is but Brandon Sanderson has done an awesome job of making the Wheel of Time readable again.

Angbad 12-07-2010 03:29 PM

J.R.R. Tolkein
That is all
move along


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.