Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This Is The Best Game Evaah!!! (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1800)

Vasito 11-13-2010 11:12 AM

This Is The Best Game Evaah!!!
 
OMG!!! Ive waited soooo long time for a game like that!!!!!!!!:eek:

ITS AWESOME.

Ive growned up with AoE 2 and the battles and building fortress and walls and sieges!!!!!!!!! I LOVE big battles and epic battlefieldS like LOTR or StarWars!!! Ive waited soo long for game like this with economy and pvp! I loved BFME were u could siege enemy castles with SOLDIERS ON TEH LAWS!!! Its so uber fuuckin 1337 shiet!!!

THANK YOU for making a game like that. Oh **** im so worried for the game and its future. This will be the best game for 2011 (although The Witcher 2 and SC2 exp or BF 3 and ofcourse DuKe Nukem forever (lol but its real) will be good too)

Do you know that this game allows epic sieges and settlers like building tree and orcs and humans and elfs and magic and fantasy!!!?? Its epic!!!!!1111one?!!1eleven?!!!

Thank you developers!!!!! But make sure for a GRAND marketing campaing because thats what atracts gamers these days (sad face :( )

And dont make the elves all with hoods and things like that. I love how u made them buildings be trees!!!!! Also make sure it doesnt have many bugs and the servers are stable! Remember the bad reputation of Stalker?

OMG I cant sleep!!!! Will teh economy be something like Stronghold? Waters for the mills etc.? Im sooooo afraid for the game :(((( You must succeed!!! The Force is strong with you!!! Imagen Im being attacked by orcs and I call my friend and he comes with cavarly like LOTR 3? So cool

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nickson104 11-13-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasito (Post 35718)
Thank you developers!!!!! But make sure for a GRAND marketing campaing because thats what atracts gamers these days (sad face :( )

And dont make the elves all with hoods and things like that. I love how u made them buildings be trees!!!!! Also make sure it doesnt have many bugs and the servers are stable! Remember the bad reputation of Stalker?

OMG I cant sleep!!!! Will teh economy be something like Stronghold? Waters for the mills etc.? Im sooooo afraid for the game :(((( You must succeed!!! The Force is strong with you!!! Imagen Im being attacked by orcs and I call my friend and he comes with cavarly like LOTR 3? So cool

Yes the marketing should be large to attract gamers, but however for a niche like the RTS it is less important and less efficient than it is for the FPS market and such...

The character art has all been completed, go check out the media section. There will be a fantasy friday showcase of all the elven units there. (Same with the other 2 races)
The beta testers are working hard to find as many bugs and glitches in the game as possible, the developers are working hard to fix all reported bugs.

Economy does not work like stronghold, it works more traditionally like that of AoE for example, if you want more information of how the different races get their different resources then check out the media section, there is a fantasy friday on the topic.

Also, we cannot be sure if your image will be carried out unfortunately. For balancing issues, reinforcements may not be allowed. Imagine you attack person X, you are about to win the battle but he is joined by his guildmates Z, Y and W... You prefer to play solo, you have no friends to call upon, you get annhialated.
Theres also gameplay issues with what you suggest, it would mean a new player joining a game mid-game. The battles are set up between the people in the game, not held on a server. This means that the server can be used for everything else, and not supporting 1000 battles at one time, that would be impossible. If you joined this game, you would have to establish connections to both players, interrupting the game for the duration of connecting, no-one likes their games interrupted.

SilverLeaf 11-13-2010 08:47 PM

Indeed it looks good, but as for best game ever, I won't say that till I'm 100% sure the 'mmo' part of it isn't just age of empires 3 on steroids.
From what we know, it may not even be a FULL mmo. It will be an EXCELLENT rts game, there's no doubt about that. After nearly a decade of development IT BETTER BE, I expect no less. Just not sure how long it will last if it isn't a subscription based mmo though.

Vasito 11-14-2010 02:11 AM

Well you can have something like aa aly can join only 10 minutes after the battle has started. Or many little kingdoms fight a grand orchish player horde:rolleyes:

nickson104 11-14-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasito (Post 35722)
Well you can have something like aa aly can join only 10 minutes after the battle has started. Or many little kingdoms fight a grand orchish player horde:rolleyes:

There may well be co-op quests and such, where you and allies will assault a massive NPC stronghold. But I am doubtful of the reinforcements, because they want to promote balance, so there will be fairness to newbies and so the advanced players cant repetitively crush newbies to expand. Having more than one opponent in a battle disrupts any balance

Vasito 11-14-2010 11:54 AM

I read about players uniting against NPC strongholds. You can have some system like if u defeat a player 3 times you cant attack him anymore for 1 week or something. Or you dont get hono... I mean gold and tresures but some people will do it only to annoy so the first thing is better.

Will you have something like customization of your troops? I dont mean only shield/spear. What I mean is you make your army look more like vikings with leather armor and little plate or make them look like european knights or like arabian... aaa soldiers?!

And if you have much money be able to make more detailed armor with little gold with red capes and shining shield wich gives bonus that scares the enemy.(IT WILL BE BEYOND AWESOME) So your army looks profesional like a roman legion and you get updates of formations wich are ALSO carried faster with making you army with golden things etc. capes.


So a regular soldier to look like http://www.smalllinks.com/PB5

But after updates like capes gold armor things ornaments9wich dont give direct stats only bonuses becaus it wil be OP and ONLY if u have many money)

to look like http://www.smalllinks.com/PB6 OR http://www.smalllinks.com/PB7


IT WILL BE AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

And can we have some demons like CHAOS from WARHAMMER univers?
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!!

Taunaic 11-14-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasito (Post 35724)
I read about players uniting against NPC strongholds. You can have some system like if u defeat a player 3 times you cant attack him anymore for 1 week or something. Or you dont get hono... I mean gold and tresures but some people will do it only to annoy so the first thing is better.

Will you have something like customization of your troops? I dont mean only shield/spear. What I mean is you make your army look more like vikings with leather armor and little plate or make them look like european knights or like arabian... aaa soldiers?!

And if you have much money be able to make more detailed armor with little gold with red capes and shining shield wich gives bonus that scares the enemy.(IT WILL BE BEYOND AWESOME) So your army looks profesional like a roman legion and you get updates of formations wich are ALSO carried faster with making you army with golden things etc. capes.


So a regular soldier to look like http://www.smalllinks.com/PB5

But after updates like capes gold armor things ornaments9wich dont give direct stats only bonuses becaus it wil be OP and ONLY if u have many money)

to look like http://www.smalllinks.com/PB6 OR http://www.smalllinks.com/PB7


IT WILL BE AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

And can we have some demons like CHAOS from WARHAMMER univers?
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!!

Ohh! That would be amazing!!!!

nickson104 11-15-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasito (Post 35724)
And if you have much money be able to make more detailed armor with little gold with red capes and shining shield wich gives bonus that scares the enemy.(IT WILL BE BEYOND AWESOME) So your army looks profesional like a roman legion and you get updates of formations wich are ALSO carried faster with making you army with golden things etc. capes.


So a regular soldier to look like http://www.smalllinks.com/PB5

But after updates like capes gold armor things ornaments9wich dont give direct stats only bonuses becaus it wil be OP and ONLY if u have many money)

to look like http://www.smalllinks.com/PB6 OR http://www.smalllinks.com/PB7!

We have discussed such things in another conversation, we discussed the possibility they may sell skins as micro-transactions, so you either have to play the game a hell of a lot or buy the points to customise your units with certain themes.
And no, these should NOT give stat bonuses at all, they should be simply aesthetic so they do not disrupt the balance of the game, just the overall fun.

Alex Walz 11-16-2010 12:57 PM

Thanks for the kind words, mate! As cheesy as it may sound, fans like you are the spirit behind the development process and we want to see you in-game just as badly as you do.

Quote:

But make sure for a GRAND marketing campaing
Is there any other way to do it? :D Marketing's going to be grand, although it's still a little while off still. We will start doing some weekly media releases for our lovely forumers *very* soon though. ;)

Quote:

Just not sure how long it will last if it isn't a subscription based mmo though.
It's not subscription-based, but there will still be a ton of new content post-release in the form of optional DLC. The way we see it is you should only pay for what you want but you'll still have the options to play new content for years to come.

Quote:

Will you have something like customization of your troops? I dont mean only shield/spear. What I mean is you make your army look more like vikings with leather armor and little plate or make them look like european knights or like arabian... aaa soldiers?!
We aren't prepared to comment on unit customization at the moment, but we do hope to have some level of it - but not as complex as you're thinking. Remember that DOF is an MMORTS with some RPG elements rather than an MMORPG with some RTS elements.

GPS51 11-16-2010 01:36 PM

Yeah I mean I either want black armor shields/silver armor and shields or gold armor/shields for historicaly bearing for men. Elves and Orcs can have their own gear color. Can't wait for weekly releases again. I'm just waiting :D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.