Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Screenshots! (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178)

Konstantin Fomenko 01-24-2008 09:54 PM

New Screenshots!

Gentlemen,

I am glad to say that we are back into the public view. We are well into production, aiming to start closed beta testing this spring. With that said - it`s time for sure to start some marketing activity - so expect to hear and see more of DoF. To get things started, we`ll be posting weekly screenshot updates every Thursday.

For the next 3 weeks we`ll be posting screenshot from Skirmish mode - the stuff you`ll see in single-player and primary multiplayer games. None of the screenshots are staged. Please note that while we did improve our visuals, we are still not all the way where we want to be...

Elven Forest - note that big trees are transparent.

Human village - couple of minutes into the game

Orcish swamp terrain

Human Stronghold - 15 minutes into the game

Konstantin Fomenko 01-24-2008 09:54 PM

Orcish Stronghold

Elven Stronghold

Building some Orc units

Human Stronghold - level 1,

Konstantin Fomenko 01-24-2008 09:55 PM

Elven army attacks

Human army attacks

SvN 01-25-2008 04:25 AM

impressive:) but.. arent the strongholds/citys quite close to each other?:confused:

Konstantin Fomenko 01-25-2008 11:31 AM

SvN,

Not quite sure what makes you to ask that question - if you mean about each race having their own terrain - no we manage having 3 terrain types on one map just fine. And if you mean the distance between Strongholds, it`s 2 minutes walking time for a typical unit, and 1 minute of running time for a typical unit - so, quite a large distance.

monsterfurby 01-25-2008 12:13 PM

Wow, I am really impressed. Usually no game in this stage already has detailed shadows without major glitches. And in every other domain, the game looks very nice as well - not I'm only worried that my XPS Gen 1 Notebook might not run it :D (time for a new PC i guess).
One question, though: the minimap is scrollable, right?

SvN 01-25-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonstantinF (Post 4042)
SvN,

Not quite sure what makes you to ask that question - if you mean about each race having their own terrain - no we manage having 3 terrain types on one map just fine. And if you mean the distance between Strongholds, it`s 2 minutes walking time for a typical unit, and 1 minute of running time for a typical unit - so, quite a large distance.

ok, sorry:p I just looked at the minimap and thought so:)

Konstantin Fomenko 01-25-2008 01:42 PM

To answer the minimap question - it`s zoomable, and scrollable. On these screenshots you see player with minimap zoomed in on his home-city. This is a feature we need to make huge MMORTS maps work with small mini-map.

And about XPS laptop - as long as you have a decent video card which at least supports Shaders V.2, you`ll be ok.

Darvin 01-25-2008 02:05 PM

I notice the interface has taken shape. Looking good, can't wait for next Thursday ^_^

I've always found it somewhat disorienting when you rotate the map that the minimap doesn't rotate with it. Up on my screen should correspond to up on the minimap, in my mind. Do you think it would be possible to add an option where instead of having the little box representing your field of view rotates on the minimap, that instead the field of view remains constant and the minimap rotates around it?

Konstantin Fomenko 01-25-2008 02:17 PM

We`ll definitely add that in Darin. I also found it very annoying in most RTS games. Since we already do have the old-fashioned way coded, I think we`ll add option to select between dynamic and static minimap.