Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Third Beta Stage Delayed (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1709)

Alex Walz 09-01-2010 03:33 PM

Third Beta Stage Delayed

I waited a bit to make this announcement as I know it's going to upset many of you. But it must be made. We're going to need to push the third beta back two weeks, tentatively.

In addition to time stolen by a couple staff absences and further progress with our publisher, we've run into a couple problems and just aren't ready to push forward. We have also decided not to go ahead and launch with what we have as there are some recent bugs that really need to be hammered out first.

We are really sorry and hope that you'll find the beta well worth the wait. To sweeten up this announcement, we will be upgrading all fourth stage testers and we also have a number of new things to show you these next two weeks to make the wait a little shorter. :) Is there anything you'd like to see more on? I know there's a lot of anticipation for guilds right now.

Tamiel 09-01-2010 03:37 PM

Oh well
One question will there be guild support in the beta?

Guard of Olympus 09-01-2010 03:40 PM

Damn, that's really too bad. Oh well, guess I'll anticipate the BETA even more now. :p

I myself am very intrested in any editor updates, but any information at all is great really.

Alex Walz 09-01-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

One question will there be guild support in the beta?
Not in the Closed Beta. Maybe in the Open Beta, it's not confirmed yet.

Quote:

I myself am very intrested in any editor updates
That's my favorite part of DOF! ^_^ There's a big teaser/preview coming soon which will be kind of like a level editor behind-the-scenes tour of what went into the design of some of our most popular towns as well as including sneak peaks at some of our scripters' side projects and the new elven and orc towns. :)

teejai 09-01-2010 03:52 PM

Well I'm glad things are still moving and there has always been a good delivery of information compared to some companies I've done testing with. Though I was excited to start 10 days ago I don't think anyone should have a problem with a delay.. if its needed its needed and thats that, simple enough to me.

I wouldn't mind some more information/screenshots of the realistic sides of things.. I'm a atmosphere/landscape kinda guy so for instance the screenshots where you see people battling and their are deer just standing around, do they do that or do they scurry away terrified? I'll think of some more things but thats the first that popped into my head

Other than that, like always Alex, thanks for keeping us in the loop on whats going on :)

Peppovitch 09-01-2010 04:07 PM

I would love to see some detailed info about guilds and their place in the game. Possibly a Fantasy Friday? ;)

GPS51 09-01-2010 04:09 PM

I'd enjoy seeing an AAR of a KWs campaign if you guys could put one together :)

Alex Walz 09-01-2010 04:44 PM

An AAR?

Quote:

I'm a atmosphere/landscape kinda guy so for instance the screenshots where you see people battling and their are deer just standing around, do they do that or do they scurry away terrified?
They'll run away. Deer are naturally afraid of orcs and men.

Quote:

I would love to see some detailed info about guilds and their place in the game. Possibly a Fantasy Friday?
Won't be able to do an FF as they will draw to an end very soon as our publisher takes over all DOF marketing. But you could see a new dev blog sometime in the near future. :)

Henry Martin 09-01-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Walz (Post 34575)
An AAR?

Won't be able to do an FF as they will draw to an end very soon as our publisher takes over all DOF marketing. But you could see a new dev blog sometime in the near future. :)

AAR=After Action Report

No more FFs? noo. I will miss them. So you are close to announcing a publisher?

GPS51 09-01-2010 05:53 PM

Well I hope you guys announce a publisher when you take away our FF's! Oh and AAR is basically a campaign or series of battles with screen shots and write ups of what went on during the battles. Also some people turn them into epic sagas complete with extraneous dialogue between created characters etc. It's as close as you can get to playing the real thing without doing it.