Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Pub (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Currently Reading (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661)

Alex Walz 07-28-2010 12:34 PM

Currently Reading

What are you guys currently reading? Anything you'd recommend?

I just finished Dan Brown's Lost Symbol. It wasn't his best work, but I've been meaning to read it for months. Now I'm reading In the Woods by Tana French. Just started, but it's supposed to be a highly recommended psychological thriller by a great new author, so I'm excited. :)

Henry Martin 07-28-2010 01:29 PM

I don't read many non-technology/help books (level design, modeling, computers, etc). But I did just get done reading Metro 2033. I had got the game and saw that there was a book, so I got it. Its pretty go, but for me, I think a blend of the game and book would have been better. Another interesting book that just popped in my head that I had read in high school was The Sorrow of War. Link to the book on amazon.

blackfang 07-28-2010 04:29 PM

Warhammer books. (its for the simple minds, no need to think about whats happening its only war afterall:D ) I am also reading something called malazan book of the fallen:) You should read it just get two things in before you do, its very complicated and hard to read so take a break one in a while to recharge your eyes. Also once you find Tehol Beddict in the book keep him as your favorite, THERE IS NOONE ELSE:D

Kire 07-29-2010 04:02 AM

I am currently reading Lord of the Rings: Two Towers, but i guess you all already read that =P. If not than i recommend that =) and Hobbit.

Gruber12 07-29-2010 05:10 AM

ive been reading the horus heresy books for warhammer 40k

blackfang 07-29-2010 06:08 AM

I try to find them around but its hard:(

Gruber12 07-29-2010 06:48 AM

I found a download that has alot of warhammer stories

LoveToKill 07-29-2010 07:20 AM

well i recently finished readin the House of night series and have read a few of the vampire acadamy books.

LiTos456 07-29-2010 06:42 PM

Metro 2033 <3
Krabs, thumbs up for you mate

Aothane 07-30-2010 12:36 AM

I've also started reading the Horus Heresy, the composition and themes of the first two books are quite incredible for science fiction fantasy: Humanity has ascended to a new level of order and rationality, one wholly insistent on the dogma of 'rational secularism', it works in principle but the universe and it's parallels are too complex (Chaotic, you might say) for such human order.

after which, well written as the other six or so books are -- having lost count of which book I am now up to -- they really do torment the reader by diverging to the sides of the main story so as to fill in the background of the various Space Marine chapters, their Primarchs and the sentient influences of the Warp.

Also started reading the Eddas, which I have been meaning to for the longest time, still on the Voluspa (sp sp) but it is a great insight into Nordic myths and of the culture and history they relfect.