Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media Fair (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fantasy Friday XXXVI - Orc Siege Units (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1655)

Alex Walz 07-23-2010 04:28 PM

Fantasy Friday XXXVI - Orc Siege Units

FANTASY FRIDAY XXXVI
Orc Siege Units

Let's start off with a couple beta updates. The Second Closed Beta Stage has just been sent out, and seems to have been met with some very positive first impressions. Currently, all 12 Lay Siege maps are unlocked for testing. However, starting on Monday, the priority will be switched over to the Castle Defend mode with the release of Beta Patch 8. The testers are also enjoying an exclusive first look at our new menu design and many are submitting their own wacky ideas for siege engines and castle defenses in the hopes that they may one day see them in the game. For more of an idea on what's going on behind the scenes, check out last week's Fantasy Friday for some new screenshots taken by our beta testers! Invisible goblins, ninja catapults, rebellious horsemen... testing reports are always interesting. ;) QA Tech Lead Danny Vink has chosen the first batch of beta testers to be appointed to the QA "Strike Team," so join me in congratulating Litos, Krabs, and sneaky_squirrel. :)

With that said, congratulations on making it to see another Friday! This week we'll be taking a look into the Orc Siege Units: the Siege Tower, Ram, Ladder, and Catapult. Enjoy!

The Orc Catapult

Description: A mobile catapult that is great at destroying builds, starting fires in hostile territory, and taking out clumps of enemy archers and other units.. Catapults have great range but are slow and are easy to destroy.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 800
Damage: 450
Accuracy: 127
Defense: -
Armor: 10
View/LOS: 1850
Range: 1850
Speed: 58
Charge: -
Unique Abilities:
Flamed Stones Ignites the projectiles, which increases the damage caused and gives the projectiles a chance to start a fire, but decreases accuracy and fire rate.
Attack Ground - Set the catapult to continuously attack one targeted area.
The Orc Battering Ram

Description: The ultimate heavy siege unit. Pulled by six orcs, these massive rams are slow, but are great at taking down enemy gates. Despite the fact that they can take a fair deal of damage, it is recommended that you clear off walled enemy archers and surround your ram with melee units before moving it in for an attack.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 7000
Damage: 520
Accuracy: 320
Armor: 25
View/LOS: 340
Range: -
The Orc Siege Tower

Description: Mobile Siege Towers can provide quick entrance into an enemy city, but they are slow and smart players will usually have their archers destroy oncoming siege towers long before they ever reach their walls. It is highly recommended to scatter melee units all along your walls in case an enemy siege tower does reach the wall. These melee units can hold off the attackers, or at least protect your archers while they shoot down the tower.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 9500
Damage: -
Accuracy: 1
Armor: 25
View/LOS: 540
Range: 60
The Orc Siege Ladder

Description: A cheaper version of the Siege Tower. Siege Ladders can be placed against enemy walls to allow access, but can quickly be taken down by enemy archers and melee units.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 1000
Stamina: 100
Damage: -
Accuracy: 1
Armor: 20
View/LOS: 300
Range: 1100
Speed: 49
Charge: 60
All stats are subject to change during further testing.

lumdultheunholy 07-23-2010 05:55 PM

Looks incredible, Good work guys! Managing a siege looks exciting, can't wait to see it in motion

aerlfredith 07-23-2010 06:36 PM

it really looks fun to make a normal siege but if we'll be able to have like 2 attackers and 2 defenders that would be awesome twice the action :)
how many players can actually be on one map???

The_Biz 07-23-2010 10:22 PM

those are pretty

Gruber12 07-24-2010 04:44 AM

looks great, cant wait to crush those puny orcs with my humans :D

wou129 07-24-2010 10:56 AM

looks reay nice guys

fater3000 07-24-2010 12:04 PM

meh i would have liked to see some larger monster type seige units like a seige ogre or something like a mumakill from lord of the rings

GPS51 07-24-2010 12:43 PM

AFAIK ogres are considered a siege unit and they can be HIGHLY effective in little groups attacking packed troops. Perhaps trolls can be added with a slow attack vs both gates and troops?

nickson104 07-24-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPS51 (Post 33683)
AFAIK ogres are considered a siege unit and they can be HIGHLY effective in little groups attacking packed troops. Perhaps trolls can be added with a slow attack vs both gates and troops?

Nice idea :)

I havent yet been able to try that, hopefully when I get some more RAM I will test that. :) If I get more RAM that is... God I hate having no income :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruber12 (Post 33678)
looks great, cant wait to crush those puny orcs with my humans :D

Oh and dude... You dont crush the orcs... The orcs crush you... :D
A few siege towers, a few sets of archers and a horde of infantry and BAM! Mass brawl on the castle wall!! :)

GPS51 07-24-2010 05:37 PM

Hehehe...there are a few ways to counter that...*all fall down* :P