Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Pub (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Swtor (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1603)

Mikey 07-12-2010 02:44 PM

Swtor

Wondering if anyones has heard of or will be playing the game star wars the old republic its a mmo coming out along time from now and i'll def be geting it due to the fact i'm a huge star wars nerd :P although i might be playing guild wars two cuz that seems good as well played guild wars for a long time even though its not much of a mmo

Miclee 07-12-2010 02:49 PM

Only reason I'll even think of trying it is because of the fact Bioware made it, so the actual RPG elements won't be lost, such as the story, dialogue, and really feeling attached to your character.

Mikey 07-12-2010 04:36 PM

yeah i'v enjoyed all of biowares games only real let down was never winter nights two

Miclee 07-12-2010 05:00 PM

NWN2 just couldn't match up with the first one.

EmpressHebihime 07-13-2010 04:51 AM

I don't think I will be playing The Old Rebuplic. However I will certainly play GW 2. But I do like the Dragon Age series, well the second game won't becoming until next year.

raizun 07-13-2010 05:17 AM

I'm looking at SWTOR specifically incase any future MMOs I have an eye on turn sour. To name some other MMOs I am looking forward to, DOF firstly, End of Nations and Guild Wars 2.

If you haven't heard of End of Nations, it's similar to DOF, only, the base building aspect persay is gone.

Yami-Yagari 07-13-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raizun (Post 32984)
I'm looking at SWTOR specifically incase any future MMOs I have an eye on turn sour. To name some other MMOs I am looking forward to, DOF firstly, End of Nations and Guild Wars 2.

If you haven't heard of End of Nations, it's similar to DOF, only, the base building aspect persay is gone.

You seriously considering EoN? Because it doesn't really strike me as good, more a less above average. I mean, no way will i pay monthly fees to fight on a 52 player battlefield which will have to undergo patching before is works decent.
But SWTOR is definitely worth your money from the looks of it, i can't wait to play. Maybe considering TERA as well, since it has a nice flowing combat system and it looks really nice( for people who never heard of TERA, its a MMORPG set to release this winter).

Miclee 07-13-2010 11:03 AM

TERA looks nice, but yeah, End of Nations is average at best.

Negthareas 07-13-2010 12:28 PM

Ah... end of Nations, our "competition" - I do not think too much of it. Additionally, I try to stay away from MMORPG's simply because I find them terribly addicting. If I am going to get myself addicted to an online game, I would much rather it be an rts.