Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What I think (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159)

Therightchoice 11-29-2007 02:00 PM

What I think

I looked at dis game and it looks alot of fun

But:
*the graphics look a bit outdated. how long have you been doing this? (but the scale of the armies looks big so if graphics were too good then it might lag.)
*i dont like the idea of the magic spells takin down whole cities and armies. Would probably ruin it.
*I like the idea of the mounts and how anyone can get on one.
*looking forward to da massive fights.
*I reckon the mmorts idea is sick and would bo amazin. would be like how the conan hyborian adventures is gonna be without da batty ass monthly fee.
*like someone else said you should be able to do the mmorts in skirmish type mode so it doesnt affect the proper mmorts.
*maybe there could be a mode wherer you get to start and get a city and you have to hold out for as long as possible from different attacks from orcs. that would be sick.

**oh ONE REALLY IMPORTANT THING. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU LOSE AND YOU GET DESTROYED?????

yeah it looks amazin ill might by but ill need a demo, i got about 6 other bredrins and my brothers are wanting this game a demo though. My brothers want it for there 360.

The Witch King of Angmar 11-29-2007 02:27 PM

Ok 1. The graphics are from 03 and 2. Magic can't take down whole cities.

Darvin 11-29-2007 05:39 PM

They've been at it for a while. Quite frankly given the scale of the game the graphics look pretty damn good. I'm more concerned about gameplay, that's my bottom line.

I think they've approached magic very well, although my one concern is that magic is really its own counter (hopefully it won't be so overpowering if you're at a disadvantage in that regard). Essentially no spell is instantaneous; they all have effects that are drawn out over time giving you opportunity to counter them. That's much superior to the "nukes" that were everywhere in warcraft 3.

Therightchoice 11-30-2007 09:18 AM

Yeah i think gameplay is more imprtant then graphics too.
about magic it does say that it will be able to bring down cities and armies. is that jsut an exageration to pull you in?? if so it aint very good.

iceblast 11-30-2007 09:59 AM

your grammar is really da worst in da world.

i dont think anygame would make some spell destroy a whole city. and this game has been in development for sometime.

Darvin 11-30-2007 10:12 AM

I think taking down a whole city is something that would involve several spellcasters working together with military support, not something that would be done with a single spell.

Therightchoice 11-30-2007 11:21 AM

ok so what happens if your place gets took?

iceblast 11-30-2007 12:10 PM

you are terminated. game over!

Therightchoice 11-30-2007 01:17 PM

what? i asked what happens if you get taken out and your place gets destroyed. not if i was terminated or not.

Darvin 11-30-2007 01:19 PM

The specifics of how the MMORTS component works hasn't really been described explicitly yet. I've tried to get some details, but it seems to be a closely guarded secret for now. We'll just have to wait patiently.

Obviously, though, if your base is destroyed you've lost that battle. That's fairly standard RTS ruleset.