Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hunger, Disease (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1566)

TheHoboGod 06-27-2010 07:36 PM

Hunger, Disease

So food is an important resource in the game. how about lets make it even more important? Cities have a hunger meter that is equivalent to your food supplies. Your food is slowly getting eaten away by your city inhabitants. Once all food is gone, some debuffs fall on you. Troops stationed in your city do 20% less damage. You also consume food much faster after leaving the starvation period for a short ammount of time. This could add a whole new level of strategy in this game. Enemies could destroy your food income sources and blockade your city until starvation, then attack your city for an easier kill. Another quest type could come from this too. Towns are starving and need your help supplying them with food.

Another idea I had was disease. It happens once in a blue moon and there are good and bad outcomes. Due to the outbreak, food is rationed, giving you a slower rate of food level deterioration. But, your people are weakened by the disease, giving your troops 10% less health and a 20% longer building build time. Each race has its own way of jumpstarting a disease. Humans could catapult dead cows into the perimeter. Elves could cast a spell (or send in diseased animals). Orcs could unleash a horde of mosquitos.

First suggestion! What do you think?

Khan kreiger 06-27-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHoboGod (Post 32355)
So food is an important resource in the game. how about lets make it even more important? Cities have a hunger meter that is equivalent to your food supplies. Your food is slowly getting eaten away by your city inhabitants. Once all food is gone, some debuffs fall on you. Troops stationed in your city do 20% less damage. You also consume food much faster after leaving the starvation period for a short ammount of time. This could add a whole new level of strategy in this game. Enemies could destroy your food income sources and blockade your city until starvation, then attack your city for an easier kill. Another quest type could come from this too. Towns are starving and need your help supplying them with food.

Another idea I had was disease. It happens once in a blue moon and there are good and bad outcomes. Due to the outbreak, food is rationed, giving you a slower rate of food level deterioration. But, your people are weakened by the disease, giving your troops 10% less health and a 20% longer building build time. Each race has its own way of jumpstarting a disease. Humans could catapult dead cows into the perimeter. Elves could cast a spell (or send in diseased animals). Orcs could unleash a horde of mosquitos.

:eek: Wow, the first one would be sick...when i seige human i would take out their farms first and wait for starve out as you said. I love that idea:D. The disease is also a good idea especially the swarm of mosquitos for the orcs, very creative.

TheHoboGod 06-27-2010 08:13 PM

I know this idea is pretty "sick" (pun police :cool: ) but what would you think about a dynamic population system & popularity? like, nomads coming in (through the front door, not just appearing) supplying you with people that are needed to create military units (sometimes nomads also come in with supplies or disease) if your popularity is high. But if your popularity is low, then people leave your city (out the front door, not just disappearing), leaving you with little people to support your growing military. And popularity is affected by things like hunger and disease. If people agree to this idea, i'll post a new thread.

Khan kreiger 06-27-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHoboGod (Post 32363)
I know this idea is pretty "sick" (pun police :cool: ) but what would you think about a dynamic population system & popularity? like, nomads coming in (through the front door, not just appearing) supplying you with people that are needed to create military units (sometimes nomads also come in with supplies or disease) if your popularity is high. But if your popularity is low, then people leave your city (out the front door, not just disappearing), leaving you with little people to support your growing military. And popularity is affected by things like hunger and disease. If people agree to this idea, i'll post a new thread.

I think it would depend on race for unhappy citizens leaving...for orcs we have un dying loyalty for our leaders if they let us kill and eat.....wait wait lol ok ya if i was just about growin economy and no killing then yea my orcs would leave aha i didnt really think that through:p. But once again i think its a good idea.

Yami-Yagari 06-28-2010 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHoboGod (Post 32355)

well, they have promise but some parts about seem entirely pointless. I get the idea of weakening them first, then go for the kill, but no sane person would just let you siege them while under that debuff. Most likely they'll just bribe you off or, if they're really sissies, log off so that you'll have to end your siege.
The disease idea i do like, since it's also been actually used in real life, flinging disease cow corpses over wall (or human head, whatever you prefer) in order to weaken the enemy. Would be nice to implement into DoF(if it isn't already, dunno:confused:).

Kire 06-28-2010 08:12 AM

1. elves are too good to get disease =)
2. there was hunger system in warrior kings where if you didnt have food the hp of units were lowering slowly to 1 hp. That was quite anoying so i dont like those systems
3. http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1283 more about diseases from ppl opinions

Khan kreiger 06-28-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kire (Post 32413)
1. elves are too good to get disease =)
2. there was hunger system in warrior kings where if you didnt have food the hp of units were lowering slowly to 1 hp. That was quite anoying so i dont like those systems

Haha well in Dragon Age Origins you elves are just slaves ahah....but im pretty sure you food depletes because of your troops if not then woo....just because food takes awhile to get.

Puppeteer 06-28-2010 09:54 AM

Stronghold, again... I think it's too much.

The Witch King of Angmar 06-28-2010 02:08 PM

Exactly. This game will already be immense: though it would be interesting to add the hunger meter, just with the armies itself, I think the defending army already has enough to deal with let alone dealing with disease. :p

Josh Warner 06-28-2010 02:33 PM

It's a cool idea but it seems like another feature that doesn't really add much and would take a while to add in and balance properly, and runs the risk of not being fun but incredibly annoying instead.