Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What race will you use + Question (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149)

Sneak2048 11-04-2007 07:35 PM

What race will you use + Question

Hello, I'm new to the forum so I thought I would make my first post here. Two questions:

1. What Race will you use in game

2. I'm wondering if people using the same race could attack each other(In both mmo mode and skirmish).

jap88 11-04-2007 08:17 PM

1. Humans
2. Yes

Darvin 11-04-2007 10:41 PM

I'll be playing random. Makes the game a little more spontaneous and fun when I don't know until the game actually starts who I'm going to be.

Definitely there will be mirror matches allowed. I've always found not allowing that a very stupid limitation.

Silent_Lamb 11-04-2007 10:47 PM

Since Warcraft 3 I've always had a soft spot for Orcs.

Hopefully those presented in Dawn of Fantasy won't be the mindless savage Orcs you see in some other games. The thing that was most appealing about the Orc race to me from WC3 was their dire situation, and how they were shackled to the demons will for so long, but through perseverance managed to overcome that. They were strong, honorable warriors.

So I'm hoping I have a similar connection to the Orcs in DoF. Humans have never been my favorite, simply because I've never really held much respect for the human race. Elves are fine, but sometimes their a little stuck up, and their love for nature hinders them in some ways. Dragons on the other hand, I have too much appreciation for a uniform, conquering, manifest destiny style empire than I do for the all wise all knowing style.

And I respect Darvin for his willingness to play completely random, but again, something I could simply not do, because at the moment I love Orcs too much.

The Witch King of Angmar 11-05-2007 05:41 AM

Dragons ftw. I will try out Humans first though.

Gareth121 11-05-2007 09:49 AM

I will be playing humans for a while, though I may switch to the other races now and again to get a feel for them and what their capabilities are.

Yes, same-faction players will be able to attack each other.

Puppeteer 11-05-2007 11:38 AM

Order of Favourtism BUT no idea what one I will play best at:
Men
Dragons
Elves
Orcy-Porky

Sneak2048 11-05-2007 01:26 PM

Cool, Im either going to use humans or dragons, probably dragons.
I would use humans because of balance and their forts and buildings.
I would use dragons because of their wisdom, overall coolness, and the dragons flying over walls and opening the door.

Thanks for the answers guys, really appreciate it.

SvN 11-05-2007 01:31 PM

i would play with orcs, dragons and then men. Ive never been an elvenplayer:p

Axal01 11-05-2007 03:14 PM

Elves baby :D