Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Natural Disasters (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1480)

Miclee 06-17-2010 05:42 PM

Natural Disasters

Haven't seen this suggested anywhere, so here it is.

Randomly-occurring natural disasters, both on the campaign map and on the battlefield. These include volcanoes, earthquakes, tornadoes, and anything else you could come up with.

Puppeteer 06-18-2010 06:22 AM

I don't particularly see the point in these. Sure, a campaign event might be a cinematic cyclone which throws boats off course, but I certainly wouldn't want my fortress/settlements suddenly engulfed by a natural disaster.

Khan kreiger 06-18-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppeteer (Post 30927)
I don't particularly see the point in these. Sure, a campaign event might be a cinematic cyclone which throws boats off course, but I certainly wouldn't want my fortress/settlements suddenly engulfed by a natural disaster.

yea i agree....we already have and economy and other users to worry about

LoveToKill 06-18-2010 07:36 AM

i think tornados would be cool but annoying in the long run

Khan kreiger 06-18-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveToKill (Post 30947)

yeaa exacly.. like what if you finally got a huge army and your base is running well and then suddenly ooh no VOLCANO out of no where everythings gone you have to start all over. To me thats no fun at all

Yami-Yagari 06-18-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khan kreiger (Post 30948)
yeaa exacly.. like what if you finally got a huge army and your base is running well and then suddenly ooh no VOLCANO out of no where everythings gone you have to start all over. To me thats no fun at all

Well the possibility of volcanoes sprouting out of no where doesn't seem likely. Plus most of them aren't active and hardly erupt when they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveToKill (Post 30947)

Tornadoes would be nice, but would really be pain in ass when you run into one of them.

But there are other natural disasters( or phenomenon) which could work out fine. Like say sandstorms, blizzards, floods, monsoon rains etc.

Khan kreiger 06-18-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari (Post 30949)
Well the possibility of volcanoes sprouting out of no where doesn't seem likely. Plus most of them aren't active and hardly erupt when they are.

Tornadoes would be nice, but would really be pain in ass when you run into one of them.

But there are other natural disasters( or phenomenon) which could work out fine. Like say sandstorms, blizzards, floods, monsoon rains etc.

yaa i like those better....and like a thunderstorm for when your travelling on sea and it makes you journy longer

LoveToKill 06-18-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khan kreiger (Post 30950)
yaa i like those better....and like a thunderstorm for when your travelling on sea and it makes you journy longer

Storms do that to troops allready lol :x

Khan kreiger 06-18-2010 08:39 AM

yeaa i kno i was just saying i like that:)

Michael Mullens 06-18-2010 09:13 AM

;) That is all.