Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A few questions on defenses (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148)

crex719 11-02-2007 07:50 PM

A few questions on defenses

Hi everybody....been awhile....just a few things in my mind :p

1) If a bunch of enemies infiltrate your town/city/fortress/etc., can your villagers at least put up a little fight? 100 villagers vs 5 orcs seems reasonable.

2) Can we repair walls ourselves or do they heal overtime?

3) Not really a defense question but lets say there are players A,B,C, and D.
Player A and B work together first to eliminate C and D. Can they exchange resources?

4) Any chance of pouring boiling oil on enemy troops as they run around inside my city?

Joseph Visscher 11-02-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crex719 (Post 3196)
Hi everybody....been awhile....just a few things in my mind :p

1) If a bunch of enemies infiltrate your town/city/fortress/etc., can your villagers at least put up a little fight? 100 villagers vs 5 orcs seems reasonable.

2) Can we repair walls ourselves or do they heal overtime?

3) Not really a defense question but lets say there are players A,B,C, and D.
Player A and B work together first to eliminate C and D. Can they exchange resources?

4) Any chance of pouring boiling oil on enemy troops as they run around inside my city?

I'll let Ryan Answer 2-4.

The workers can indeed fight, but they are indeed weaker vs anything, from past experiences in testing, I've seen 3 workers easily kill 1 goblin, and probably 2 for each goblin archer, then again all of these units are weak in fighting.

I would say one Elf Blademaster could probably take on 50-100 (up to 200? keep em coming stupid untrained workers!) workers at once fairly well, then most likely, die in a very heroic honorable death… Surrounded by farmers with pitchforks.

jap88 11-03-2007 06:25 AM

I'd imagine the answer to three to be yes. That feautre is generally a basic one for most RTS games. As for the last one I suppose there is a chance though I can't say that i know. As for the walls it could be hard to say given the sheer size of the castles and fortresses.

I'm merely speculating...don't quote me :p

The Witch King of Angmar 11-03-2007 07:42 AM

This is my opinion.

2. I'd say you need to repair walls.

3. There was a discussion earlier about exchanging resourrces so I'd say yes to this as well.

4. Yes they probably will have boiling oil. :)

Ryan Zelazny 11-03-2007 10:24 AM

New questions woo!

1) Villagers can attack, just like all other units they will get better at attacking and defending when they gain levels. Not saying that you should count on your Level 10 army of peasants to carry out a battle for you, but they can definately help when your fortress is breached.

2) You can repair your walls, however they will "heal over time" because villagers will automatically be tasked to begin repairs on them when damage is noticed.

3) You can trade resources between players.

4) Humans can build boiling oil pots on their walls. Each race will have different options for wall defenses.

Puppeteer 11-03-2007 11:39 AM

oooh, we'll people like engineers hold small pots of oil to pour on others aswell?

crex719 11-03-2007 01:10 PM

Are resources going to be time consuming to aquire?

The Witch King of Angmar 11-03-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crex719 (Post 3216)
Are resources going to be time consuming to aquire?

It will depend when you get the things for them such as animals for food.

Ryan Zelazny 11-03-2007 03:04 PM

No, you will only have the large cauldrons of oil that will be built onto walls.

On regular campaign and multiplayer skirmishes resource collection will be fairly quick. For MMO we want the gameplay to be more gradual, so it should be slower. This will however be more determined by playtesting.

crex719 11-03-2007 07:41 PM

Can you choose to bring armies into skirmishes from previous skirmishes?