Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Introducing Krakens... (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1476)

Konstantin Fomenko 06-16-2010 08:38 PM

Introducing Krakens...

While we wait for the next FF, here`s a little something we wanted to share.

This summer our art department is working on various "cool and big" things to add to the game. Talking about saving the best for last. Krakens, Dragons, Hydras...oh my.

We`ll follow the progress and try to show you a cool new unit every other week.

Lets start with the look at Kraken - Elven Naval unit.

Kraken Family
There are three types of Krakens of various sizes, strengths and abilities. There is a lot I want to say about these units - but might be best for you guys to experience them first-hand in the beta (CB3 or later), or see them in the new summer trailer (more details on this soon). Concepts by our concept artist Nikola Odin.

Henry Martin 06-16-2010 08:51 PM

Very nice, love the concept art (great job Mr. Odin). Can't wait to here more about the kraken.

Edit: If I can get this answered. Why were the Elves chosen for this unit?

Darvin 06-16-2010 09:04 PM

Love the concept art, though from a game perspective three distinct variants of the same unit seems overkill. But hey, we'll see how you guys handle it. So long as I don't see entire fleets of kraken knocking at my harbour door, I'm happy.

Darathor 06-16-2010 09:29 PM

Those concepts for the kraken look awesome! And having a kraken for the naval units for the elves is just well, awesome! It's incredibly unique and cool and just wow! I didn't expect something like this at all! This is an extremely pleasant surprise, and I can't wait to see how it plays out in-game!

I love the little boat off to the side and in the last screenshot it has the "very bad day" thing pointing to it! It also really helps see how HUGE it really is.

Aametherar 06-16-2010 09:53 PM

Those look so orcish i'm almost jealous of the elves...almost, I can't wait to see what kinda big nasty is coming from us!

Generation 06-16-2010 11:38 PM

Elves most likely did because they are just that great!

blackfang 06-17-2010 12:16 AM

elves are the only fitting for the krakens, Their soldiers are monsters on the inside while their monsters are on the outside:D

Kire 06-17-2010 04:28 AM

Wow very nice =), tho didnt expect this coming. Just one question..... if this is elven naval unit how does then they board their units for transport?=) And last picture with little boat made my day =P.

Khan kreiger 06-17-2010 05:44 AM

this looks pretty sick....and were goin to run into them on our transport ships....tht will be epic battles taking down krakens cant wait to see the FF for this....lmfao for the guy having a bad day atleast he survived against the first two:p

Khan kreiger 06-17-2010 05:47 AM

ok ok now that i actually read it..:eek: an elven naval unit i dnt know what to say but lucky elves i cant wait to see what the orcs get, hope its awsome though:)