Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   is there going to be things like: (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147)

Oblitherate 11-01-2007 02:21 PM

is there going to be things like:
 
unit emotions, destructible environments etc?

Ryan Zelazny 11-02-2007 09:02 AM

Units will have a morale level, so they will act accordingly to threats and such depending on that value.

Unfortunately destructable enviroments aren't possible at this stage. It'll have to wait for DoF2.

olauwers 11-02-2007 09:36 AM

Or for the Xpack? Pretty please? :D

Joseph Visscher 11-02-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblitherate (Post 3178)
destructible environments etc?

You can still destroy forests etc, you can destroy a lot on the map, go around chasing deer down for food lol. But no like destroying the ground making craters like in company of heroes wont be a feature. Therefore its either have absolutely massive maps with thousands after thousands of object like trees, bushes, swordsmen, massive fortresses, massive battles, lakes, river, huge mountains, etc. OR have tiny little maps with higher detail and about only 2000 objects max per map with a game engine features like company of heroes.
I think you know which one we picked.

SPARROW94 11-04-2007 05:40 PM

SHEESH youve been working on this game since 2001 and your still a little far from done ....and now your talking about DoF2

The Witch King of Angmar 11-05-2007 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARROW94 (Post 3244)
SHEESH youve been working on this game since 2001 and your still a little far from done ....and now your talking about DoF2

Hey they're making progress.

Puppeteer 11-05-2007 10:40 AM

Most importantly, can units... yawn?

SvN 11-05-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 3187)
You can still destroy forests etc, you can destroy a lot on the map, go around chasing deer down for food lol. But no like destroying the ground making craters like in company of heroes wont be a feature. Therefore its either have absolutely massive maps with thousands after thousands of object like trees, bushes, swordsmen, massive fortresses, massive battles, lakes, river, huge mountains, etc. OR have tiny little maps with higher detail and about only 2000 objects max per map with a game engine features like company of heroes.
I think you know which one we picked.

i dont think crates are so important in a game fought with bows and swords, there are no bombs in this game;) and Ive seen the screenshots and the environment there is really impressive:eek: :)

The Witch King of Angmar 11-05-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvN (Post 3266)
i dont think crates are so important in a game fought with bows and swords, there are no bombs in this game;) and Ive seen the screenshots and the environment there is really impressive:eek: :)

Personally, I don't think it needs bombs right now because of how good it looks.

Silent_Lamb 11-05-2007 02:58 PM

Craters were actually an important asset in Company of Heroes, just like they were in World War 2. They provided valuable cover for infantry. Ship bombardments plus bombing runs on the beaches during D-Day were suppose to create craters for infantry men to use. To omit that from the game, one that brags about it's realism, probably would have been pretty foolish.

Where as I don't see it being that important in DoF.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.