Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Pub (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MilitaryGaming.net - A Community for U.S. Military Gamers (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466)

WilsonMG 06-11-2010 12:37 AM

MilitaryGaming.net - A Community for U.S. Military Gamers

For you active duty, guard, reserve, prior service and retirees from the U.S. military out there you should stop by MilitaryGaming.net. We've been looking at this game and will more than likely have a group presence here upon release. If you'd like to find out more or become a member of our community, please check us out at www.militarygaming.net.

And if any developers or admins happen to give this post a look and want to give one of us military vets a sneak peek at the game so we can go back and talk it up to our 500+ member base, we wouldn't object ;).

Sincerely,

Lucas O. Wilson
Founder and CO
MilitaryGaming.net

Yami-Yagari 06-11-2010 04:47 AM

Didnīt know soldiers would have the time to game tbh.:confused:

GPS51 06-11-2010 10:01 AM

A dev want to get on and state if this is considered advertising or not?

LiTos456 06-11-2010 01:45 PM

Locked.
No advertising allowed, thank you.

Josh Warner 06-13-2010 06:37 AM

Litos - until someone higher up than me makes a decision on this sort of thing I'm going to unlock this, advertising is frowned upon but it's a gaming community, not a product.

Welcome to the forums, Wilson, sorry for any confusion.

Really we just need to get a separate forum for this sort of thing, it's good not bad that there are other communities interested in the game, and if our members want to play the game with them that's great too.

Puppeteer 06-13-2010 07:06 AM

Aye, it's no different than DoF source, only in scope.
Should one emend the code of conduct?
Quote:

Posting any sort of advertising will be removed and the poster may be banned as well.

LiTos456 06-13-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppeteer (Post 30423)

Yes, we talked with him on PMs and I sent him that as well. I told him he should contact the PR department if he wants to get an exclusive look at the game for his website.
That said, the original DoFSource thread was the one where I was asking for permission to make it. Later on it was the one announcing it, but it was fully DoF related.

Aametherar 06-13-2010 12:45 PM

I think its fine to advertise a gaming community here, at the same time I question the OPs integrity boasting a 500+ member base, while they appear to have 530 registered users the active user pool as we all know is likely a fraction of that.

Short of that, I think it'd be awesome to have your community here. Sorry if I sound less than welcoming, I completely welcome you and anyone here. As for having time, they may not have a lot but active duty do play games and their community also seems to welcome retired members. That being said I wonder how many aren't actually military.

Ick, I sound like such an ass today, i'm really not meaning to come off that way though.

nickson104 06-13-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppeteer (Post 30423)

Ouch BURN!!!!! :) Nice one puppy :) :p Sorry Litos, but I do think it was a bit harsh to lock it straight away, as said its a community not a product... And it never harms to have a wider following :)

Aametherar 06-13-2010 03:09 PM

I totally agree, the more gaming communities the better, they're the ones who spread the word, and that is the best advertising for gaming. CB1 is already scheduled but it might be nice to check it out and maybe give em a CB2 and few CB3 keys though. No harm for anyone involved.