Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   auction (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1419)

dirtysalmon 05-10-2010 12:06 PM

auction
 
it would be cool if there was an auction were you could sell you units to other players and the higher the unit level the more expensive they would be .also you could trade differant recorces

Yami-Yagari 05-10-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtysalmon (Post 28339)
it would be cool if there was an auction were you could sell you units to other players and the higher the unit level the more expensive they would be .also you could trade differant recorces

Yeah, how would that work, seeing trade could only be able with either your own race as with NPC cities. And why sell units to people of your own race, if they can make them themselves.

dirtysalmon 05-10-2010 12:10 PM

the same way as mercinary camps exept it would be with human players rather than NPC cities

welshie 05-10-2010 12:11 PM

You can already buy/sell recorces and units, from the towns, not sure if you can trade with a player but i highly doubt this.

Dont think the auction idea would work if you can buy the troops already then train them up using your 'Combat master'.

Edit: not sure if you can tarde troops with another player*

Yami-Yagari 05-10-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshie (Post 28343)
Dont think the auction idea would work if you can buy the troops already then train them up using your 'Combat master'.

Edit: not sure if you can tarde troops with another player*

Only reason to trade troops would be if you could trade with different races.
And yes, you can't trade units, but your units can reinforce those of guildmembers and/or friends.

Negthareas 05-10-2010 01:43 PM

It is an interesting idea to be able to put your troops up for mercenary service though.

You could specify for how long and for how much, or

You could specify how much per day, with you being able to give the person two or three days noticed before withdrawing your troops.

Yami-Yagari 05-10-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negthareas (Post 28346)
It is an interesting idea to be able to put your troops up for mercenary service though.

You could specify for how long and for how much, or

You could specify how much per day, with you being able to give the person two or three days noticed before withdrawing your troops.

Would be nice to offer services to other players... for a price :o .

Darathor 05-11-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari (Post 28352)
Would be nice to offer services to other players... for a price :o .

I believe this was discussed in a few older(much older) topics about being able to lend troops to another player(with you in control of them) and fight for them for money/resources. It certainly would be cool and unique to be able to act as a mercenary in an mmo and especially and mmorts. If you were good at it then you could have your mercenary army have quite a lucrative job with little political repercussions.

Negthareas 05-11-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darathor (Post 28380)
I believe this was discussed in a few older(much older) topics about being able to lend troops to another player(with you in control of them) and fight for them for money/resources. It certainly would be cool and unique to be able to act as a mercenary in an mmo and especially and mmorts. If you were good at it then you could have your mercenary army have quite a lucrative job with little political repercussions.

If they are mercs, than you should not have control over them - it is a risk, but there could be the possibility of payback for a percentage of units lost.

Otherwise, how is it different than fighting with an allied player against an enemy, etc.?

blackfang 05-12-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negthareas (Post 28383)
If they are mercs, than you should not have control over them - it is a risk, but there could be the possibility of payback for a percentage of units lost.

Otherwise, how is it different than fighting with an allied player against an enemy, etc.?

the enemy does not know who is helping, (hopefully) your units can give some heavy help with another player fighting together with the main player. However that should really depend, because if there is a certain payback for each unit lost then what kinda mercenaries would you guys hire? I would take the archers, long ranged and less losses. You get more for the money:p


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.