Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My idea of campaign moode. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1387)

LastSpartan 04-25-2010 06:15 PM

My idea of campaign moode.

This is kinda like the age of mytholgy seriese campuign. You start of with a heroe. Then you travel around the world doing quests, recruting other heroes to follow in your adventure. Then all of the main quests lead to this evil where you must work together with all the other races to defeat it. Ultimatly the world returns to normal and then it leads into the mmorts mdoe. Like it?:D

Yami-Yagari 04-26-2010 02:22 AM

There used to be a singleplayer campaign initially in DoF, but that got replaced with Online Kingdoms campaign.

otomotopia 04-26-2010 12:46 PM

Correct me if im wrong, but I believe there still is an offline campaign. There's also a skirmish mode, multiplayer/online skirmish mode, and I believe both offline and online campaigns will have a tutorial.

Yami-Yagari 04-26-2010 01:48 PM

Thought they removed it, althought aint really sure any more. Might still exist:confused:

nickson104 04-26-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari (Post 27537)
Thought they removed it, althought aint really sure any more. Might still exist:confused:

I think it still exists, but I may well be wrong... But if they removed the campaign that would have been a lot of wasted writing...

Alex Walz 04-26-2010 03:11 PM

The SP campaign was cut from the initial release, although we will likely release it in some form of post-release content. But yeah, you pretty much described what we had planned, LastSpartan. :) The SP Campaign was written as a prequel to the events in the Online Kingdom mode and does have heroes work together and travel the world. Although it was mostly focused on Prince Erian and civil war between Menthorn and Dagbor and the orders of wizards during the War Without Kings and didn't have a whole lot of interaction with the other races.

The Online Kingdom/MMORTS mode is likely to be available offline with some minor changes, but I can't promise that. However, the unannounced game mode our team is currently working on is exclusively for the SP audience. :)

Negthareas 04-27-2010 05:30 PM

Good - some people are finicky about doing lots of stuff online, it is important to have something for them.

sneaky_squirrel 04-27-2010 07:43 PM

If it were to be some sort of single player MMO style game mode (Map for you to conquer little by little), I'd say it would be too good to be true, but then again, I can't think of any other possible SP modes ;p.

Negthareas 04-28-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel (Post 27596)
If it were to be some sort of single player MMO style game mode (Map for you to conquer little by little), I'd say it would be too good to be true, but then again, I can't think of any other possible SP modes ;p.

More like the War of the Ring in BFME?

Yami-Yagari 04-28-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negthareas (Post 27634)
More like the War of the Ring in BFME?

Isn't that more like Online Kingdoms, only when you take someones stronghold they stay dead?