Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roleplaying. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1386)

LastSpartan 04-25-2010 06:59 PM

Roleplaying.

Will it be possible to roleplay?
Will there be like certain places wehre rping is enforeced?

blackfang 04-26-2010 01:08 AM

is rp even possible her? Not just all out war:confused:

otomotopia 04-26-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackfang (Post 27524)
is rp even possible her? Not just all out war:confused:

I think that chat can be RP... that's about it. Guild chat and inter-player/guild communication... you can't RP battle tactics besides in player co-ordinations in chat. Like "I'm firing down upon these foul devil spawn, but there is a group of these smelly fiends approaching from my west, who will overwhelm my forces! Please aid me, my woodly brethren!" or a declaration of vendetta; "I shall set fire to your forests. Zug zug." Thats about it.

Yami-Yagari 04-26-2010 03:27 AM

RP in chat is going to be really confusing, if you start babbling insane long sentences in key moments during battles:( .
Other then chat there´s still your stronghold you can name, and not call it "I ****ed your Mom". :rolleyes:

Zeluk 04-26-2010 11:56 AM

RP becomes much more difficult in RTS's; not to mention that the genre itself doesn't really go out of its way to promote it like RPG's do. I suspect light RP will be common enough in chat that you can pull that off but you wont find the walls of text and stories the way you would in other games that support it. Anyways, if it comes down to it I'll roleplay with you, we'll find each other in-game. We roleplayers got to stick together!

LastSpartan 04-26-2010 02:43 PM

well..

that is if you have an xbox lol

Alex Walz 04-26-2010 04:20 PM

There's a level of RPing involved in NPC interaction. Players can often choose which quests to hear about, ask for advice on certain tactics or nearby market's specialities, and choose how to react to a threat or quest. Ie - A group of goblins approach your camp, do you fight them or pay them off?

Aametherar 04-26-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Walz (Post 27544)
There's a level of RPing involved in NPC interaction. Players can often choose which quests to hear about, ask for advice on certain tactics or nearby market's specialities, and choose how to react to a threat or quest. Ie - A group of goblins approach your camp, do you fight them or pay them off?

It would take a fool to pay off goblins, they'd only come back that much quicker! Unless you hired them instead, goblins do love their gold!

"It was a rainy day when the goblin launcher was invented. I was there that day, that battle. I remember when the uncharacteristically cunning Orc Commander Aametherar called out to the goblins convincing them of a mythic pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The rest...well the rest is history."

-Grok, Orc Slayer Scribe to the clan of Aametherar

GPS51 04-26-2010 05:53 PM

LOL. Exactly...the only good goblin is a dead goblin...

Yami-Yagari 04-27-2010 01:39 AM

You actuelly get an option? They'r probably the weakest unit in existence (up until now) with only 110 hp and no armor.
Might aswell bash ' em and save you the money.