Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Suggestion: official question thread (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1377)

otomotopia 04-17-2010 09:44 PM

Suggestion: official question thread

Let's be jones here: the world isn't perfect. Rules are broken, people expect easy results without any effort, and expect instant gratification through someone else work. The best we can hope for is solutions to these problems, and to consolidate them to create less clutter, and not he overly ****ed off at those people who make life that much more difficult

In my opinion, that's also how forums work.

We've had a large influx of users recently, and many of them have questions. More then a few have multiple questions, and most of them will simply ask them instead of searching for it. I therefore suggest the creation of an official "ask a question" thread. Any questions about DoF as the general community knows it can be asked, without any responces like "use the search button." this thread can be a sticky, or (IMO, the better idea) an announcement that users can post on. I thinkthat this would reduce clutter and give people an easier time of both finding and giving information.

This would not mean that questions on a discussion could no be asked (if they are on topic, that is), but it should substitute for making multiple threads on a subject.

GPS51 04-17-2010 09:49 PM

I thought there was already an FAQ thread. Somewhere?

szebus 04-17-2010 11:34 PM

There is already one here : Official FAQ Thread

otomotopia 04-18-2010 12:31 AM

Of course I know about the FAQ, and I know its the first place people should look. But that was not the point of this thread, or suggestion. I'm suggesting we have a separate thread for question-making, so then we can avoid being frustrated over people asking random questions in their own thread. Plus, the fact that one of our veteran forumers couldn't find the FAQ/didn't take the effort to find it only solidifies my point.

GPS51 04-18-2010 12:41 AM

Hey oto I can find the FAQs , just didn't want to come across super grouchy as was the subject of another thread about the FAQs and newcomers. I've come to believe that as long as there are newcomers there will be new threads with the same questions. A good problem in my opinion. :)

otomotopia 04-18-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPS51 (Post 27307)
Hey oto I can find the FAQs , just didn't want to come across super grouchy as was the subject of another thread about the FAQs and newcomers. I've come to believe that as long as there are newcomers there will be new threads with the same questions. A good problem in my opinion. :)

aye, but is it a good solution?

welshie 04-18-2010 05:44 AM

There was a debate about this before if i recall, no matter how obvious you make things there will always be a couple who just dont bother to look and start asking fourms. The only thing you can do is point them in the correct place if you dont know or answer for them, but if we want this forum to grow we need to be polite about it. For me this isnt about trying to make up solutions because there will always be one to ask a question no matter how obvious the answer.

Puppeteer 04-18-2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

Of course I know about the FAQ, and I know its the first place people should look. But that was not the point of this thread, or suggestion. I'm suggesting we have a separate thread for question-making, so then we can avoid being frustrated over people asking random questions in their own thread. Plus, the fact that one of our veteran forumers couldn't find the FAQ/didn't take the effort to find it only solidifies my point.
The FAQ was designed to provide the essential information AND allow people to ask questions there - that's why it's an open thread, not a closed one. This 'ask a question' thread is basically the same, and as people have said, people always overlook such threads anyway.

Yami-Yagari 04-18-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppeteer (Post 27327)
The FAQ was designed to provide the essential information AND allow people to ask questions there - that's why it's an open thread, not a closed one. This 'ask a question' thread is basically the same, and as people have said, people always overlook such threads anyway.

Have to agree, the ask a question thread is kind of the same, so isn't it unnecessary to have another one? would be quite confusing.:confused:

Darathor 04-20-2010 05:44 PM

The official FAQ thread is also for asking questions, so making another one would be weird but if you really want to you could, but make sure that it is in full capital letters and bolded.